State sponsorship Obligation..applies to all included in the visa?

Maggie2012

Just a quick question: does the 2 year obligation on Subclass 190 visas apply to the secondary applicants as well?

The reason I am asking is that hubby may have a job working from home in another state. Would that compromise my obligation as a primary applicant to the sponsoring state? Would he also be required to live and work in the same state as I am?

Technically it's only a moral obligation.

keep hearing that but even a moral one is an obligation. The question still remains, does it apply to all secondary applicants as well?

"As you are aware, by accepting ACT nomination, you have committed to live and work in Canberra for at least 2 years from the date of permanent arrival in Australia"

Guest guest30085

The obligation applies to everyone included on your visa, to live and work in your sponsoring state for two years. Having said that it is a moral not legal obligation. I have seen people contact the sponsoring state and explain the situation, it seems only fair, but explain you will all be living in the sponsoring state but his employer is based inter state. But there isn't anything to stop him. But you may get responses saying he SHOULD live and work in the original state and this question does seem to get strong responses.

The obligation applies to everyone included on your visa, to live and work in your sponsoring state for two years. Having said that it is a moral not legal obligation. I have seen people contact the sponsoring state and explain the situation, it seems only fair, but explain you will all be living in the sponsoring state but his employer is based inter state. But there isn't anything to stop him. But you may get responses saying he SHOULD live and work in the original state and this question does seem to get strong responses.

yes I know I am committed to complete my obligation, I just wanted to know that what is his obligation since I was the primary applicant. Not only that but his occupation was not on the state's sponsor list. And the definition is not really clear about the secondary applicants.

The reason it is only a moral obligation is to allow flexibility for personal circumstances like relationship break ups, inability to find a job in that state etc.

To my mind you are the one with the occupation in demand so you are covering your obligations and he is merely trying to contribute and he has a valid job offer.

Been here 9 months and had no communication from WA so how do they keep tabs ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

They don't they are not interested. We contacted immigration to tell them of our arrival as requested and they weren't even bothered. Never even asked our names or anything.

we are going to ACT and I can say the opposite: they are very much interested. We had several emails asking where exactly we going and also stating the obligation. We were assigned agents who even asked if they should come out and greet us at the airport. Perhaps it being the capital they running a tight ship on this...

Hi Maggie2012,

I'm sorry Im asking this on this thread. As I'm the secondary applicant and my wife is main, I wanted to know if I can enter first to Aus before my wife moves there. Visa conditions for both of us is NIL. I still want to know if I wont have any problem boarding the flight or have problem when i reach Aus.

Cheers,

Shugah

Hi Maggie2012,

I'm sorry Im asking this on this thread. As I'm the secondary applicant and my wife is main, I wanted to know if I can enter first to Aus before my wife moves there. Visa conditions for both of us is NIL. I still want to know if I wont have any problem boarding the flight or have problem when i reach Aus.

Cheers,

Shugah

Yes you can.

Shugah,

Check with your case officer as we were told secondary applicants had to enter with or after the primary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This is true for some people. There seems to be no set thing, but less and less people seem to be being given that condition. Shugah stated that their visa said nil restrictions, so they will be fine.

Hi Maggie2012,

Cheers,

Shugah

should be no issues entering Oz alone.

This is true for some people. There seems to be no set thing, but less and less people seem to be being given that condition. Shugah stated that their visa said nil restrictions, so they will be fine.

Stay Period: Indefinite

Travel Facility: Multiple

Visa Conditions: NIL

Archived