Miscellaneous questions on ANZSCO and certified copies. Please help.

mcgyver

Thanks for clicking on my topic. :-)

I am new in exploring ways to go to Australia as a skilled immigrant. Please have a look at my 2 basic general questions:

1. I see sometimes ANZSCO codes in longer and sometimes in shorter format. For example: 261311 and 2613. Is the shorter format intentionally used in order to become less specific so that multiple ANZSCO codes can be referred to?

2. We know, paper copies of original documents should be made and then those copies should be certified, scanned, and uploaded to SkillSelect for submitting an EOI. Regarding copies, what should be the best of the 3 ways we can make a copy BEFORE we get it certified, as listed below?

option-1: Scan the original copy and then print the file generated by the scanner on a color printer.

option-2: Make a color photocopy of an original document.

option-3: Make a black-white photocopy of an original document.

Thank you.

Hi and welcome to PIO. In regards to your first question with Anszco codes, I've noticed that also but im afraid I don't know the answer.

Your second question I colour photocopied all the documents I wanted certifying although scanning and colour printing would just be as good (I just didn't have a scanner) I wouldn't recommend black and white copying as I am not sure this is acceptable. I then took all my copies along with the original documents down to my local county court and a JP certified all the documents for me along with signing my statutory declaration......for free. It would be worth your while dropping your local county court an email and asking if this is something they could do for you...will save you a small fortune in solicitors fees and lets face it this is not a cheap process and there will be plenty other things for you to spend your money on :)

I am only part way through the process...waiting on my skills assessment outcome. fingers crossds...but if you have any other questions that I am able to answer i'll be happy to help just hola! Whats your occupation and where are you hoping to end up?

Claire

Thanks for your answer.

Actually, I have found out that my speculation about the first point, shorter vs longer ANZSCO codes, was correct. Indeed, the shorter forms are used in order to denote groups of similar occupations. For example, 26311 is a group, and under its umbrella lie specific occupations such as 263111, 263112, 263113, etc.

I am going for subclass 189 with ANZSCO 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) and willing to settle anywhere in Australia upon a successful application. I am just starting to have my skills assessed by sending an application to ACS (Australian Computer Society).

All the best to you.

Archived