My dogs are finally on their way here!!! yipee but mixed feelings

gparkes

Hi all,

At last my 2 dogs are finally on their way here, they left heathrow at 7.30am this morning our time (8.30pm uk time)

I am mixed in feelings today, i cannot stop thinking of them stuck in their cargo carriers on the plane in the dark probably scared stiff about what is happening to them. I feel so guilty about what i am putting them through.

Also a post on the poms in oz web site keeps playing on my mind ( someones dog died in quarantine not so long ago in sydney)

I havent seen them since 14th December when we left them with my parents to look after until they had been sorted and had a spot in the quarantine station in spotswood.

Will they know who i am?? will they hate me for doing this to them??

Why do i feel so cruel in bringing them here? Has anyone else that has brought over dogs felt like this?

I can't wait to get a phone call tomorrow morning to say they have arrived and are fit and well and i am desperate to check for my self that they are ok and see them in the quarantine centre in spotswood.

What is the quarantine station like?? is it a good idea to visit them?

Gail

Guest billy braveheart

Hi Gail

sorry i dont know what that particular quarantine station is like but im sure they will be fine

yes we felt the same when our went maybe even felt worse as we didnt even have our visas when she left,they will know you, ours was in quarantine for 30 days then a further 6 weeks in kennels before we got her home she settled just fine i wouldnt reccomend going to see them ,I did and it is really hard for them and you after a visit when you hear them yelping on your way out,

Our german shepherd had lost a lot of weight but is now back to her healthy looking ways and cheeky self.dont be so hard on yourself they will be fine

billy

Please dont worry, we flew my 4 yr labby over to Sydney last October and he was fine. He is so spoilt and I really worried about him. The flight is so boring all they do is sleep and if he is lucky enough to end up in Sydney he will be looked after really well. My boy actually gained weight!!! I was given the mobile number of the lady looking after him and I could call her whenever I wanted, she even put the phone to his ear so I could speak to him!!!!:biglaugh: We didnt go to see him as we were told that he would feel more unsettled if we turned up and then left him again, but all dogs are different and you will be advised as to what they feel suits your dogs. When we went to pick him up he was in fantastic shape and had really bonded with the lady looking after him. Hope this helps settle your mind a little. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

All the best

Sarah

Guest jonny.co@tiscali.co.uk

hi guys.

that was deffo one of the things that i was stressing about.we have never left our little dog for any long period of time.we are going to the central coast,so i am really pleased to here from sarah,how well they are looked after.one less thing to worry about.lol:cute:

nic x

Thanks for the replies guys, My boys are flying into melbourne and spotswood is the quarantine centre here.

sydney one sounds great so i hope they are all ran the same because you guys are giving me lots of positive thoughts now

Thanks

Gail

They have arrived!!!!!!!

I phoned the quarentine station at 11am and they said that the boys were fine and settling well.

YIPEE:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Thank god for that

I am allowed to go and see them tomorrow so i think i will to give them a few chews and toys and to have a good old cuddle

Archived