medicare & Pregnant on 190 visa PR

Hassan Haythem

Hi,

My wife is pregnant after the 190 visa grant. We will move to Adelaide on September 21, 2013 and her delivery weeks will be in Jan 2104. I saw that there's waiting period before we can have payments from centrelink regarding child support, do you know how long is that

is this the same for medicare? do you we have to wait for certain time to use the medical services? as this will make huge difference for us regarding the costs of the delivery operation

Please help me with the info. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Haythem

Congratulations. Your visa is a permanent one so you are entitled to Medicare from the day you land. The two year centrelink thing does not include child benefits, so you will get those. :-)

And if you are renting and on a low wage, rent assistance too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi blossom79,

I'm clear on receiving medical benefits from Medicare from Day 1 but I didn't understand that Child Benefits, is it from the government or medicare?

Let's say if I'm on low wage and renting then will i get allowance? I'm secondary applicant and will be going first to Aus to settle things. My Mrs. will move jan 2014. I'm confused because Hassan's gonna have a baby is that the reason they give renting assistance or it also applies to those who dont have kids?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Hi blossom79,

I'm clear on receiving medical benefits from Medicare from Day 1 but I didn't understand that Child Benefits, is it from the government or medicare?

Let's say if I'm on low wage and renting then will i get allowance? I'm secondary applicant and will be going first to Aus to settle things. My Mrs. will move jan 2014. I'm confused because Hassan's gonna have a baby is that the reason they give renting assistance or it also applies to those who dont have kids?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

It is from the government. And yes, the only reason is because of the baby. If you don't have any children then you don't get rent assistance.

Archived