TRA "news"

nickynush

Hi

I recently emailed TRA with a couple of queries and had the following response today. No definite news I know but I have seen some posts where people query whether NVQs awarded by workplace assessment are good enough for TRA and this reply confirms they are not :sad:. Also confirms that news on pathway D is still some weeks away but may not be as far as July else they'd have replied some months!!!(wouldn't they!!:unsure:)

"Thank you for your enquiry to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).

1. In relation to the Uniform Assessment Criteria (UAC) and skilled pathway D, TRA has almost finalised the consultation and drafting stage of the revised assessment policy. Once finalised, the policy will then undergo a clearance process which may take some weeks.

2. At this stage TRA does not accept workplace assessments which have been awarded an overseas qualification. If the workplace assessment is awarded with an AQF we can accept them but at this stage an NVQ would not be accepted.

Any response to this email must be sent to traenquiries@deewr.gov.au if you require it to be actioned.

Thank you

TRADES RECOGNITION AUSTRALIA "

Hi

Thats kinda 'good news', my OH is a carpet fitter, and is being assessed, which will hopefully gain him an NVQ level 2, we thought this would be enough to pass the TRA, but obviously not!!!

Well hopefully we wont have to wait till July!!

Thanks for the info

Zoe

Note that their reply says they don't accept workplace assessed NVQs "at this stage" so maybe they will in the future or when they review the criteria later this year. Agent has advised to get the NVQ anyway just in case - will also help with job applications over there as well.

Guest jonny.co@tiscali.co.uk

hi guys.

with regards to your job. is it on the modl list for australia.which is the jobs in demand list.or are you enquiring into migrating to oz in general.

nic x:cute::jiggy:

hi guys.

with regards to your job. is it on the modl list for australia.which is the jobs in demand list.or are you enquiring into migrating to oz in general.

nic x:cute::jiggy:

HI OH is wall and floor tiler with over 15 years experience. His skill is on MODL. He trained onsite via "informal" apprenticeship and has no formal qualifications. He's going for NVQ via onsite assessment as it's going to be needed here anyway and may help in the future - we hope!

Nicky

Archived