Visa 309 from India

kuldeep

Hi

Myhusband has lodged his visa 309 on 09th April from India.On 17th July Case officer interviewed hima and ask for medicals.

My husband has submmitted his medical on 26th July.Would you please let us know how long it will take to be granted.Actually my health is not well,can i do something....

Have you not been told how long to expect by the CO?

Also the Aus high commission has it all explained on their website

http://www.india.embassy.gov.au/ndli/vm0311.html

I'd go out from that.

And sorry to hear your health isn't great. I don't know that it is something that will get the visa speeded up if that is what you are hoping. I would think your partner would need to contact the CO and explain (and perhaps send medical reports regarding your condition to back it up) and let them assess if its considered reason to move the application along quicker. Don't bank on it though.

Generally health issues are not considered "compelling and compassionate" enough reasons to speed up a visa unless they're pretty extreme. The majority of folks (those with depression or anxiety because they're separated, etc.) I've seen do not get their cases accelerated at all even with doctor's notes to back them up. The one case I did see get accelerated was one where one partner had terminal cancer and needed care. Very sad.

Would one of the applicants having health issues not be viewed as a negative thing when applying? I would have thought it would be seen as someone coming in to the country who would be a potential burden on the state from the point of view of medical costs etc?

I don't see how that would be something that would speed things up personally.

Could be wrong of course, but from my understanding of the Visa processes they tend to want to make sure you are in tip top shape before you come, otherwise you will struggle.

Would one of the applicants having health issues not be viewed as a negative thing when applying? I would have thought it would be seen as someone coming in to the country who would be a potential burden on the state from the point of view of medical costs etc?

I don't see how that would be something that would speed things up personally.

Could be wrong of course, but from my understanding of the Visa processes they tend to want to make sure you are in tip top shape before you come, otherwise you will struggle.

It's a partner visa. So the sponsor already has PR. Its the applicant the medical will apply to.

• 1 month later...
Hi

Myhusband has lodged his visa 309 on 09th April from India.On 17th July Case officer interviewed hima and ask for medicals.

My husband has submmitted his medical on 26th July.Would you please let us know how long it will take to be granted.Actually my health is not well,can i do something....

We have been still waiting for his visa. We have been advised that the file is in decision que.Is any one know how long it will take??

Have you not been told how long to expect by the CO?

Also the Aus high commission has it all explained on their website

http://www.india.embassy.gov.au/ndli/vm0311.html

I'd go out from that.

And sorry to hear your health isn't great. I don't know that it is something that will get the visa speeded up if that is what you are hoping. I would think your partner would need to contact the CO and explain (and perhaps send medical reports regarding your condition to back it up) and let them assess if its considered reason to move the application along quicker. Don't bank on it though.

Snifter has posted the link for you and it's very clear (as I clicked it and had a look). To copy and paste the whole page for you, would be too much. Click on the link and it's very comprehensive in it's explanation of the timeline.

Hi, i lodged prospetive marriage visa ( subclass 300 ) in this september. When will i get call for interview, medical report or any additional documents? My sponser and me got one MARA agent and as he said it will only take 1-2 months for this visa to be granted. But as i see others post all said its impossible so am worried. So what can i do? What would i expect?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, i lodged prospetive marriage visa ( subclass 300 ) in this september. When will i get call for interview, medical report or any additional documents? My sponser and me got one MARA agent and as he said it will only take 1-2 months for this visa to be granted. But as i see others post all said its impossible so am worried. So what can i do? What would i expect?

I thought this visa was more like 6-8 months at the moment.

Yes but my Agent said will be ok within 2 months. But its been one month already, didnt got any respond from embassy yet

Yes but this visa does not take 1-2 months, I don't care what your agent told you. It takes much longer and as I said, I believe it is currently about 6-8 months. So you won't get a response from immigration yet.

Archived