Securing a rental before arrival

SussexBear

I may have asked this before! Has anyone secured a rental before they arrived in Oz? We are heading to Gosford any advice hints, tips gratefully received! If not can anyone recommend a holiday or caravan accommodation in that area that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? We will be arriving in early November.

:cool:

Its very risky to do this and actually very difficult as 99.9% of agents want you to inspect the property before you take on the lease. I have seen a lot of houses that look great in the pics but in real life are dumps. Then there is the worry of if its a genuine let or a scam.. Hence id say its definately best to secure some arrival / holoiday accommodation and secure a rental once youve seen it with your own eyes.

Cal x

Please don't do anything more than secure temp accommodation before you arrive! exactly as above, the pictures are often very different to the 'real life' house. The agents do things like using pictures from 5 years ago when the house was freshly renovated etc. Look for holiday let's, at least 1 month, then you'll have time to hopefully find a place you're happy with.

I wouldn't necessarily definitely say not to secure a rental before arriving. I know it is not allowed to advertise so I'll have to skirt around this. There are people who have paid for our home search services to do exactly just that in Melbourne and everyone has been very happy. I think it all boils down to getting someone working for you instead of the landlord so your interests are met and protected.

Guest krissie goring

HI

AHHHH THE LOVELY SUSSEX HAVENT BEEN THERE FOR A WHILE:wink:

I USED www.stayz.com.au GOT A LOVELY APARTMENT OVERLOOKING JOONDALUP CITY.BOOKED IT A MONTH BEFORE WE LEFT.

Archived