Schools

Guest Helaine

Guest Helaine

Can anyone tell me when we should put our daughters name down for school ? we are hoping to head to the Gold Coast mid june after a visit to my brother in Sunshine, i understand that they have catchment areas pretty much the same as here but what do we d if we are not 100% sure of the area we are going to, shall i put her down for a few then phone them if we dont go to that area ?

Guest Andrea Bridge

Hiya!! Me again!! We tried to put Jack's name down for school near Runaway Bay. Just had an email back from the Head, who said we shoudl wait until we arrive, then turn up at the school with passports, and sort it then!

All seems a little ht and miss to me! Would rather know which school he was at, and when he started!

Just me, eh???????

Andrea x

Why not arrange to visit the schools once your there if you're not sure where you're going to be, then you can get a feel for the place. We enrolled our two prior to arriving, but we did know where we'd be living which made it easier.

Ali

Guest Davidgolf

We enroled Gabrielle before we got here but as Ali said we also knew were we were going to settle,which was one less thing to worry about when we got here good luck.

Sharon x

Guest Gazzer

Hi

We're in Elanora on the Gold Coast. Although we knew the area (ish) that we wanted to settle in, we waited until we got here - after looking at all the schols websites - and looked around the local schools. It gave us a much better idea of what they were like.

It was yet another thing to sort out when we got here. Two weeks after arriving the kids started at the local state school. It gave them a routine very early on and helped to settle them. They have been there 6 months now and all enjoy it, making really good progress and some good friends.

Emma

Guest Helaine

Thanks for all the replys, we have pretty much narrowed it down to coombaha state school or biggera waters so thanks for the info

Archived