Invite

suryaprasanna

I had applied EOI (189) on 11/06/2013 as a ICT Business analyst and I haven't got an invite yet. I have noticed in this forum that people who had applied after me and with the same points (60) have got an invite so I do not understand why I did not get an invite? is it dependent on the occupation? I know it has not reached ceiling yet. :unsure:

It is ranked per occupation code - and invitations given to highest points per occupation. ICT Business analyst reached ceiling level around end Feb this financial year - therefore there will be many people that lodged EOI before you that will be invited first. The people that I have seen invited with 60 points on this round of invitations have been a Nurse, Social Worker and Metal Machinist.

http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/2011/12/13/skillselect-%E2%80%93-rankings-and-invitations-explained/

It is ranked per occupation code - and invitations given to highest points per occupation. ICT Business analyst reached ceiling level around end Feb this financial year - therefore there will be many people that lodged EOI before you that will be invited first. The people that I have seen invited with 60 points on this round of invitations have been a Nurse, Social Worker and Metal Machinist.

http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/2011/12/13/skillselect-%E2%80%93-rankings-and-invitations-explained/

Hi, we are in the same situation, but with a different occupation (Other Engineering Professionals, 60pts, EOI submitted 07/06/2013). And the link you provide states that "EOIs will be ranked according to their points score, and the date and time of EOI submission. EOIs are not ranked based on their nominated occupation." and "Invitations will be issued to the highest ranking EOIs regardless of the nominated occupation on the EOI". Then they say there are different pass marks for each occupation group, which they would publish in their reports. And they don't do it. This info was published back in 2011 and I can't find any up-to-date evidence, that it works like that now. Except that we didn't get an invitation yet. So, if that's true, how do we know the pass mark for each occupation?

Thank you

Hello,

Looks like the game rule has been changed without any notice:chatterbox:

New rules looks like below:

They firstly define the Priority Level for each Occupation code and sort the occupation in descending order by priority lvl.

Each occupation code has their own quota limit in each round.

Then the invitations will be issued to highest priority occupations first, then the highest ranking EOIs in descending order, subject to quota limit of each round for every occupation.

The total quota limits for all occupations will be the number such as 1150 published before each round.

The point is there are no notice of the change and whether it is legal for applying new rules in such a sudden? Applicants put time and money on it but could not get enough information about it.

Archived