Converting from 457 to PR

paul566

hi all we have been here since the end of Feb this year and are now wanting to change from our 457 Visa to PR State sponsored we are in Queensland i was just wondering what the process is do i have to have a TRA im a diesel mechanic by trade also does anyone know the costs involved ?

Thanks in advance !!!

If a skills assessment is part of the criteria for applying for the PR visa then you'll need to do it as it is a whole new visa application and not a 'transfer' from one to the other. Hopefully, someone who has been through the process recently will be able to give you some idea of cost.

You need to go to http://www.immi.gov.au and search for and read up on "skill select". Yes you will need to get your skills assessed, that would be why whatever skills assessing body is appropriate for your occupation, you can also check this by searching on your occupation on the website mentioned. Take a points test too, probably you will need to take an IELTS test, which is a test of your English literacy skills, it might sound daft to you, but look upon it as an easy way to get points.

Hi Guys,

After 3 years, 1 month and 4 days i am now the Permanent Resident of Australia just today :D. I have been watching and learning from this FORUM a lot, but wanted to join the forum once my application is finalised. As I came from Pakistan on a Student Visa, got a job while on student visa in my field i.e. Electrical Engineering with a company who sponsored me for RSMS in 2011 but then i resigned from the company just when case officer was appointed. Had a tough time finding other job. Applied for Student Visa Extension which was refused. Found another job and applied for 457 in Sep 2012, granted Nov 2012.

Applied for RSMS 187 (Nomination) in Dec 2012 after getting RCB clearance, applied Visa Feb 2013 and Granted August 2013 just one day before my Birthday. Case officer What a gift on this Birthday.

That was my brief story and my timeline is as follows;

RCB Applied 21/08/2012

RCB Approved 26/11/2012

Nomination Applied 20/12/2012

Nomination Ack 16/01/2013

CO Asssinged 22/06/2013

Further Docs Sub 13/07/2013

Nomination Approved 15/07/2013

Further Visa Docs ASked15/07/2013

Medical done 30/07/2013

Docs submitted 3/08/2013

Visa Granted 05/08/2013

I am just telling this for Reference for those who are still in the pipeline... Guys i have seen a lot of ups and downs, but hang in there you will be through

thanks to ALMIGHTY ALLAH...

Regards

Archived