Has anyone taken up supply teaching while on a WHV?

kd268

Hello,

In about 2 years I am planing on coming to Oz on a WHV. My other half has previous had a WHV in 2008 but is eligible for a 2nd year. We intend to come over on these visas and then work out our more permanent visas, find longer term jobs etc. I will be looking for a primary teaching job and have another thread about the permanent job situation in the WA section. I hope to do some supply or relief teaching while doing some flitting around for the first few months has anyone any experience of this on WHV? I'm interested how easy or difficult it will be. I know their are restrictions as to how long I can be employed etc. but I don't think this will be an issue and I'll be moving around some what at the start.

Kayleigh

If you want to teach in different areas of Australia then you will need to register with the teaching board in that patricular state or territory. This can take a few weeks.

It is not like the UK where once you are registered you can teach anywhere. Each state has different requirements and has different teacher registration boards, with NSW being the most stringent.

You can relief teach through agencies and/or you can drop off your cv at the schools you are interested in.

Hello again,

I might have been as well private messaging you as you seem to be my teaching fairy god mother today. I would like to do a little traveling for the first couple months and possibly teach in other states before heading to WA where I intend to stay long term. Once I'm in WA I would like to relief teach in the schools I would hope to get a more permanent placement in eventually and get to know the schools in the general area(s) I would like to live. I think an agency might be my best bet until I settle in WA where I might look into specific CV dropping.

Thanks again.

Hello,

In about 2 years I am planing on coming to Oz on a WHV. My other half has previous had a WHV in 2008 but is eligible for a 2nd year. We intend to come over on these visas and then work out our more permanent visas, find longer term jobs etc. I will be looking for a primary teaching job and have another thread about the permanent job situation in the WA section. I hope to do some supply or relief teaching while doing some flitting around for the first few months has anyone any experience of this on WHV? I'm interested how easy or difficult it will be. I know their are restrictions as to how long I can be employed etc. but I don't think this will be an issue and I'll be moving around some what at the start.

Kayleigh

Good luck with the plans- just wondering though how your partner can get the 2nd WHV - from all I've read it has to be used straight away?

No if you are eligible for it (i.e have taken on the agricultural work required and have proof) then you can apply for your second year at a later date. Only restriction is he needs to apply for it before he turns 30, so we still have a couple years.

From the Australia working holiday visa Q&A page:"You can apply for a second Working Holiday visa either while you still have your first Working Holiday visa or at a later date. For more information visit http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-second.htm"

So it's definitely okay.

Archived