State Nomination for Northern Territory subclass 190.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

My agent informed me today that my 190 application was unsuccessful. However, NT has decided to give me a subclass 489 provisional visa instead. I had signed and sent off the declaration... Not too pleased though.. Oh well!!! beggars cant be choosers...

Y is that? do u have pass mark on EOI? or wat u think wat could be the issue.? feel sorry to hear that....

At least they haven't just said no! Medicals booked for next week. All docs are uploaded then just a wait for a CO! I think that will be the hardest part! Temp visas don't take as long to go through in my experience. My parents 457 (it was 7 years ago) went through in 7 weeks. They are now citizens in Darwin. Wonder if that's why ours went through so fast. We have lots of family ties in the NT!

Hi Samulv,

We're going to apply for NT 190 sponsorship. My husband has everything needed in the process except relations in NT or any offer from NT employer. Is it a must to have relations in NT in order to apply for 190 visa. My husband is a Software Engineer with more than 17 years experience in the field. He has the Skills Assessment assessed suitably for skilled migration. Do you think that he will have a chance to get the sponsorship by NT without having relations in NT. Furthermore could you pls kindly advice me whether it is hard to find a software job in NT and how is the lifestyle in Darwin or NT. Your valuable information will be so helpful to us. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi Samulv,

We're going to apply for NT 190 sponsorship. My husband has everything needed in the process except relations in NT or any offer from NT employer. Is it a must to have relations in NT in order to apply for 190 visa. My husband is a Software Engineer with more than 17 years experience in the field. He has the Skills Assessment assessed suitably for skilled migration. Do you think that he will have a chance to get the sponsorship by NT without having relations in NT. Furthermore could you pls kindly advice me whether it is hard to find a software job in NT and how is the lifestyle in Darwin or NT. Your valuable information will be so helpful to us. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi zonfishy

we researched a lot if jobs for mechanics in the nt before applying and mentioned this in our statement. I don't think it's required to have relations but your statement is the most important thing you submit so take it seriously! You need to let them know how much you want to live there and that you commit fully to living there. Research house prices for rent and add in the average prices you find. You need them to know you are taking the move seriously. Is your husband job a priority in the nt? My hubby was on high priority. You also need to include evidence you can support yourself while looking for work. We provided lots of this despite the fact we have the support of my parents. I have no idea about software jobs but look into the big company eg conoccophilips. Lifestyle and th people of the nt are the whole reason we want to move there! Don't get me wrong my parents say it is difficult in the wet season but the people and the nt itself make it worthwhile! People comment on it being like a desert - some areas are but most and green and the whole area is beautiful! We fell in love from our first visit and we have now been twice and love everything about it! We are hoping to get our visa ASAP and be out there before 2014!

The main thing you have to do is make sure that the nt government understand that you have taken the decision seriously and researched the nt and the lifestyle in depth. Take your time and keep reading your statement and make sure you get across how much this means to you - not just moving to oz but the nt in particular!

Sorry for the essay! do you have an agent or are you doing this alone?

Hi Samulv,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and kindness in giving such valuable information. As you said we'll try our best in the statement. My husband's job is in the priority list of NT. We don't have an agent. We're going to do this by ourselves. Will this be OK? Our worry is under the section 1.1 Eligibility for Northern Territory Government Nomination in the application formthe following questions should be answered as No in our case. They are;

Have you received an offer of employment in the NT?

Are you currently working in your nominated skilled occupation in the NT?

Do you or your spouse have family links in the NT?

Have you completed tertiary studies on a Charles Darwin University campus?

If these answers are 'No' won't we be eligible for NT 190 state sponsorship.

And the other question is 'Are you able to provide strong evidence of employability in the NT in your nominated occupation?' Could you please kindly advise us in what sort of evidence they ask for.

All the other documents are fine to process with the application. A lot confused about the above mentioned problems. By the way so pleased to hear about your success and wish you and your family all the very best in Darwin.

Thank you so much.

Hi Samulv,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and kindness in giving such valuable information. As you said we'll try our best in the statement. My husband's job is in the priority list of NT. We don't have an agent. We're going to do this by ourselves. Will this be OK? Our worry is under the section 1.1 Eligibility for Northern Territory Government Nomination in the application formthe following questions should be answered as No in our case. They are;

And the other question is 'Are you able to provide strong evidence of employability in the NT in your nominated occupation?' Could you please kindly advise us in what sort of evidence they ask for.

All the other documents are fine to process with the application. A lot confused about the above mentioned problems. By the way so pleased to hear about your success and wish you and your family all the very best in Darwin.

Thank you so much.

Hi fishy,

u seem to be in the same position as me with regards to the application. I had mentioned "NO" for the same set of questions and got bumped from a 190 to a 489 few days back.(but not sure if this is the exact reason, i had seen another family get bumped from a 190 to 489 on PIO recently).

For employ-ability i had answered "yes". you would need to apply for jobs for based on you skillset and take a copy of the email replies you get. It doesnt have to be a positive job offer. Just show that your making an effort. If you don't find jobs listed for your skillset, then the ones nearest to it will do.

At least they haven't just said no! Medicals booked for next week. All docs are uploaded then just a wait for a CO! I think that will be the hardest part! Temp visas don't take as long to go through in my experience. My parents 457 (it was 7 years ago) went through in 7 weeks. They are now citizens in Darwin. Wonder if that's why ours went through so fast. We have lots of family ties in the NT!

Hi samulv,

thanks, i hope you get your visas asap.. any idea, what is the time limit given to enter AU to validate the visa after its issued?

Thanks

Hi Samulv,

Thank you so much.

I answered no to all the questions except the family one. We didn't directly contact any employers just mentioned job adverts that were advertised in my hubby's profession. I don't think you NEED to have these things they just help, but I'm not a migration agent so I cant be sure!

I know that a few people have been turned down and offered other visas that aren't PR but there may have been other factors e.g. job opportunities etc. think it will depend a lot on what you put in your statement. cant give you a firm yes or no I'm afraid. might be worth ringing the NT to find out! they are the only ones that know if it will be a definite no. they may be able to at least give you an idea of whether they will just dismiss your application completely or whether they will consider other factors.

Hi fishy,

u seem to be in the same position as me with regards to the application. I had mentioned "NO" for the same set of questions and got bumped from a 190 to a 489 few days back.(but not sure if this is the exact reason, i had seen another family get bumped from a 190 to 489 on PIO recently).

For employ-ability i had answered "yes". you would need to apply for jobs for based on you skillset and take a copy of the email replies you get. It doesnt have to be a positive job offer. Just show that your making an effort. If you don't find jobs listed for your skillset, then the ones nearest to it will do.

I would answer no to offers of employment if you haven't had a definite job offer. just explain prospects in your statement

Edited by Samulv

Hi samulv,

thanks, i hope you get your visas asap.. any idea, what is the time limit given to enter AU to validate the visa after its issued?

Thanks

thanks! I believe that it is the date your PCC or meds run out - whichever comes first. we have booked our meds before CO allocation because we are hoping to leave approximately 4 - 6 weeks after grant. hoping to be there by Xmas! if you are wanting to leave it a while before going I think the best course of action is to wait for PCC and meds until CO asks for them.

Hi Samulv,

Now we have the idea of how we should go ahead with the process. Thank you very much for your information as we were going to mess up the whole process, not considering about the statement. Hope for the best :smile:.

Thank you very much again.

Hi Samulv,

Now we have the idea of how we should go ahead with the process. Thank you very much for your information as we were going to mess up the whole process, not considering about the statement. Hope for the best :smile:.

Thank you very much again.

No problem! We are all going through the same process and emotions and any help we cn give each other is invaluable. Keep in touch and let us all know how you are getting on!

• 2 weeks later...
hi all

been quiet on here for a while. how is everyone getting on?

Hi Samulv,

I guess i dont belong in this thread anymore :cry: and i should join a 489. Anyways...as a wise man once said.. our paths may be different but the destination is the same....

Now enough crap...

I just applied for the 489 today... and its gone to the Adelaide team.. dont know which one exactly though... Back to playing the waiting game.

Hi Samulv,

I guess i dont belong in this thread anymore :cry: and i should join a 489. Anyways...as a wise man once said.. our paths may be different but the destination is the same....

Now enough crap...

I just applied for the 489 today... and its gone to the Adelaide team.. dont know which one exactly though... Back to playing the waiting game.

At least u know u have a team! Still waiting and we applied 3 weeks ago! What is processing time for the 489?

At least u know u have a team! Still waiting and we applied 3 weeks ago! What is processing time for the 489?

Hang in there... u will get one soon... the IMMI website says 6 months for processing but i hope it will come through by December, the only issue is my pcc, i work in saudi arabia, and its such a hassle to get one here...none of them speak proper english...:ssign8:

Hang in there... u will get one soon... the IMMI website says 6 months for processing but i hope it will come through by December, the only issue is my pcc, i work in saudi arabia, and its such a hassle to get one here...none of them speak proper english...:ssign8:

Oh I thought it would be faster than the 190! I'm sure u will get it sorted! My medical has been referred so that may hold us up but I hope not. I want to be in darwin by Xmas!

Oh I thought it would be faster than the 190! I'm sure u will get it sorted! My medical has been referred so that may hold us up but I hope not. I want to be in darwin by Xmas!

I think it will be faster too, but the immi website says 6 months. Anyways lets see. I am not in a hurry to get there, planning to be in au sometime mid next year. i guess u have family over in Darwin, hopefully u will spend xmas with them. All the best.