State Nomination for Northern Territory subclass 190.

Hi Laurajwirral,

happy to hear that you have lodged and hope to see you in Darwin :)

Actually I think it depends on different case officers, some asked for medical soon and some just at final stage , but I think your visa might take at least 2 months since your lodge date.

dont be nervous at all and keep us updated

Edited by Somi60

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, reading this thread from the beginning definitely makes any sane being dizzy.. I mean in conclusion it's almost impossible obtaining an ss for a 190 visa without some sort of Lord intervention... Do u think it has to do with Financials or family ties?

I agree, we applied for the 190 Visa, and had quite good qualifications, financial situation etc but had limited connection with the NT. So we were granted the 489 a couple of weeks ago.

As we have a young child it will prove quite more expensive, but if its your dream to live in Australia then it'll be worth it!!!

Best of luckCharlie

Hi Itani,

Yes we used an agent. Not out of the woods yet, we still have to pass our medicals and police check but hopefully that will all be sweet. Are you also applying? This forum is a gold mine for information. Good luck with your application!

• 1 year later...

Hi zonfishy! my name is Nancy, I know that you posted a long time ago, but I really wanted to ask you, if you could get your visa. Me and my husband we are in te same situation. Primarily we would like to know what did you do with the requirement about having a job offer, it was something exclusionary to reach the grant visa??

I will be very gratefull if you could answer me!!!

Nancy

Hi zonfishy! my name is Nancy, I know that you posted a long time ago, but I really wanted to ask you, if you could get your visa. Me and my husband we are in te same situation. Primarily we would like to know what did you do with the requirement about having a job offer, it was something exclusionary to reach the grant visa??

Nancy

I am in Tasmania at this moment,I contacted different state offices via email.

Nancy

Hi Nancy!

Wow, it's been a long time i've last logged in here. Luckily i could remember the password to login.

Well, I have no idea of the post of mine that you've gone through. Anyway I didn't try either NT or the job offer option after all. It was so complicated. But I was lucky in another way. In 2013 November I got the Orana state sponsorship and I applied for 489 regional visa. I got it in 2014 February and in the same month i moved to Dubbo with my family. Dubbo is a really really nice place to live in. Specially to raise a family. Almost all the facilities are there along with very good schools and the neighbourhood is awesome. I lived there for two years and applied for 887 PR visa and moved to Lithgow, another regional area, close to Sydney so as to visit my customers in Sydney time to time. Last month I got my PR. Hoping to move to Sydney in a couple of months. Everything went smoothly during the past 2 1/2 years. Life is so easy in regional areas, of course you need to have some kind of job. It depends. I'm a self-employer, so I didn't have any problem in jobs.

I think obtaining a job offer is not that easy. That's why I gave it up and went through this process. If you are sure on a job offer then it might be worth trying on it, otherwise trying at least the regional option is so much the better, if you are unable in 190 visa.

Sorry, I couldn't give a straight forward answer to you question. I again suggest you, if you are eligible, apply for any 489 regional visa and reduce the time to be a PR holder in Australia.

Cheers

Edited by zonfishy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I sent my application for SS NT visa 489, yesterday. I got the acknowledgment on the same day. They have mentioned the processing time 10 weeks, I have no close relations with NT. And i do not have job offer. My ANZSCO is 231213 Ship's Master. Can any one please tell, how much chance i have to be successful? Thanks

Hi I sent my application for SS NT visa 489, yesterday. I got the acknowledgment on the same day. They have mentioned the processing time 10 weeks, I have no close relations with NT. And i do not have job offer. My ANZSCO is 231213 Ship's Master. Can any one please tell, how much chance i have to be successful? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
thank you , i was so confused buy what my agent was telling me , I'm starting to lose the will to want to come over as it has been nearly 2 years already I'm just not sure it will be worth it in the end any more .

Hi Laura, how have you found life in Darwin on the 489 visa?