State Nomination for Northern Territory subclass 190.

Hi.

How come you have lived in Perth and want to apply for NT ss. NT is totally different in terms of many factors such as work opportunities and life style .Iam curious to know why wouldn't you apply for WA instead of NT

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Soha, My mum has been in the West for about 5 years, and I have been there for the last couple. We went for a trip up north earlier last year and ever since we have been urging to go back. Our previous visa expired like I mentioned earlier. And while just browsing through NT's migration site, I happened to find mum's skill on the States Migration Plan Skilled Occupation List. And mum is into Recruitment for the Oil & Gas and Mining industries across Aus, so everything just seems to been in place. And coming from a Tropical place, the weather up there is just perfect! ;)

Edited by bharadwajsvr

Hi Alfred,

Time from NT SS Approval to Invite takes only week. Time from NT SS application to approval takes around 2-3 weeks.

Hope that helps.

Rgds

Huss

Hi

I understand that the SS takes from one week to 3 week from lodging date to get the invitation. Is this information true?

Thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi friends,

I have just joined this forum, need some information, I have applied for State Sponsorship for Northern Territory, I applied on 7th April, got initial acknowledgment on 9th April, How long more it takes to get offer from NT.

I have seen here most of the members apply for 190 and got 489, it is strange!! what,s the reason?

Thanking you in advance.

Hi Sindhi,

Welcome and Good luck for your visa.

Its not strange to get a 489 after applying for the 190 with NT. If you look at the statistics; NT is the only place that offers more 489s than 190s.

I assume they look at the probability a candidate is likely to stay permanently in NT i.e. If he/she has real ties to the territory. They would not like to issue 190s only to have the candidate settle elsewhere..

Hi friends,

I have just joined this forum, need some information, I have applied for State Sponsorship for Northern Territory, I applied on 7th April, got initial acknowledgment on 9th April, How long more it takes to get offer from NT.

I have seen here most of the members apply for 190 and got 489, it is strange!! what,s the reason?

Thanking you in advance.

Goog morning to everybody!

My name is Bernardo and I am about to ask for nomination to NT. I would like to know how long it is taking to get a response (yes or no) with the invitation!

Thank you very much!!

Bernardo

welcome Bernardo,

I applied for nomination 3 weeks ago, still waiting for the response, in acknowledgment e mail, they wrote it will take 3 to 4 weeks, still next I have to wait.... it means at least they are taking more then 3 weeks....

Hi

Could you let me know as soon as they give you an answer?

I have an assessment as Welfare Centre Manager (which is included in their Priority List) but is not included in their Nomination List.

However, in the webpage it does state that if my profession is included in the CSOL and if I can prove evidence of jobs I can apply.

So...that is my plan.

I am starting with the forms. Any peace of advice?

Hi

Could you let me know as soon as they give you an answer?

I have an assessment as Welfare Centre Manager (which is included in their Priority List) but is not included in their Nomination List.

However, in the webpage it does state that if my profession is included in the CSOL and if I can prove evidence of jobs I can apply.

So...that is my plan.

I am starting with the forms. Any peace of advice?

Hi bernardo i applied on 5th feb

Got acknowledgement mail on 18 feb and got sponsorship on 19 feb but mine was 489

As i seen in various forums that they give priority to 489 people and 190 has second preference one of my friend applied for 190 and without acknowledgement they give him sponsorship after 1.5 months for 489.

It also differs on the basis of occupation also.

What i believe is that is a case of luck also

So all the best

Finger crossed for u

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all of you.

I need to ask some more information.

Im about to finish with the form to ask for the nomination but I would like to ask you first which are (aprox) the cost of living in Darwin or NT in general...

Accommodation:

Public transportation:

Recreation:

Mobile Phone and Internet:

Other Expenses:

Thank you very much and I loof forward to your response!!

Bernardo

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Recently I received successful skill assessment, I am looking for Darwin state sponsorship, yet I have not applied for IELTS, Can you please guide me what documents required for Darwin state sponsorship? What is the address where we can send the documents for state sponsorship? At present I am not looking for EOI only state nomination for Darwin.

Hi,

Recently I received successful skill assessment, I am looking for Darwin state sponsorship, yet I have not applied for IELTS, Can you please guide me what documents required for Darwin state sponsorship? What is the address where we can send the documents for state sponsorship? At present I am not looking for EOI only state nomination for Darwin.

Hi,

Hi,

Recently Ireceived successful skill assessment, I am looking for Darwin state sponsorship,yet I have not applied for IELTS, Can you please guide me what documents requiredfor Darwin state sponsorship? What is the address where we can send thedocuments for state sponsorship? At present I am not looking for EOI only statenomination for Darwin.

Hi,

Hi,

Hi,

Hi,

Recently Ireceived successful skill assessment, I am looking for Darwin state sponsorship,yet I have not applied for IELTS, Can you please guide me what documents requiredfor Darwin state sponsorship? What is the address where we can send thedocuments for state sponsorship? At present I am not looking for EOI only statenomination for Darwin.

Visit the following link for all the information you need on NT sponsorship:

http://www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au/Working/bsm/nt-nominated-general/Pages/skilled-nominated.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've read through the thread and gained a lot on the 190 application process. Thank you all for your invaluable contributions.

My nominated occupation is Architectural Draftsperson (ANZSCO code 312111). I*wish to apply for NT SS next week. I have my positive assessment result from VETASSESS. And IELTS 7+ in all bands. I'm not sure if I should lodge my EOI first or apply for NT SS first. Please advise me which is better and why.

If I don't have the required minimum in financial capacity, what are my chances of getting NT SS?

Thanks

mcadam

Hi

EOI first. If you are successful in your state sponsership they will mark your EOI as successful and cuts down waiting time. Otherwise you have to contact them afterwards with your EOI information and it takes longer.

As for the financial aspect of sponsership I have no idea. They state it as a requirement but I imagine it would be at their discretion. If they really want you they may overlook it provided you are close to the required amount. With regards to to finances it can include any house you own - they took our deposit into account from our mortgage and you can also provide details of cars you own and proof of their worth.

Hope this helps

i don't imagine anyone on here will be able to tell you your chances. It's all up to the nt. People have been turned down for 190 for not having enough ties so I imagine it is up to their discretion at the time and the job role and anything else you are bringing to the table

sa

Hi

EOI first. If you are successful in your state sponsership they will mark your EOI as successful and cuts down waiting time. Otherwise you have to contact them afterwards with your EOI information and it takes longer.

As for the financial aspect of sponsership I have no idea. They state it as a requirement but I imagine it would be at their discretion. If they really want you they may overlook it provided you are close to the required amount. With regards to to finances it can include any house you own - they took our deposit into account from our mortgage and you can also provide details of cars you own and proof of their worth.

Hope this helps

i don't imagine anyone on here will be able to tell you your chances. It's all up to the nt. People have been turned down for 190 for not having enough ties so I imagine it is up to their discretion at the time and the job role and anything else you are bringing to the table

sa

Thanks Samulv. This is insightful. I'll lodge my EOI immediately. I also think having lodged the EOI first (and selecting NT only) will tell the NT people I am serious about living in the NT. How much time do I need to wait after lodging EOI before applying for NT SS?

How are you and your family finding the NT since moving last December? Are you living in Darwin or someplace else? From what I gathered, I'll need to make a convincing argument in my statement. Any hints about weekly cost of living would help a lot.

Thanks again.

Hi

My husband and I applied for nt ss and received acknowledgement on 7th August 2013. We got our email this morning saying we had been successful. They quote 4-5weeks in their acknowledgement email

Hi Samulv

I am also applying for state nomination sublcass 190, I wanted to find out if you did fill up the form you see below, and it yes then in section 4.4 did u have any friends and relatives in NT to write in and if not did u leave it blank?

All my friends and relatives are either in NSW or Victoria so when I mentioned that to the agent the agent asked me to find friends on forum to put in the form, cant I leave it blank and still have a change at getting through with the application process, the only way I would know that is if I find somebody whoo got through with it.

http://www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au/Working/bsm/nt-nominated-general/Documents/489_190_sponsorship_application_form.pdf

Do you have relatives in Darwin? I read in another thread that he applied for a 190 visa and was rejected because he didn't have family ties in NT and that his single but they did grant a visa 489 instead. So maybe you should apply for both 190 and 489? Did you pass your ss application already? I'm researching for my friend as he also have a positive skill assessment and will soon take IELTS with the same nominated occupation as yours. Did they ask for proof of financial capacity?

Hi,

I am also in the process of applying for a NT nomination. I have everything ready except for the Section 4.3 in the application from which asks for "[TABLE=width: 815]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]4.3 Contacts

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Have you made contact with anyone in the location that you have identified?

(If yes, please provide name and details of contact. You may also wish to attach further information regarding your contact with employers, for example, copies of emails, outcomes of discussions)

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

How much essential is to have a positive reply/job offer from the employer to get a 190 nomination? Please advise, as I have made all other documents ready and filled the EOI, and I am stuck in this section :(