Westpac Online Banking Down For a Second Day

Guest littlesarah

Guest littlesarah

Looks like Westpac haven't managed to resolve the issues that kept internet banking offline for most of yesterday. Personally, I'm really frustrated by the whole thing, because I have money in an account that I need to transfer to a different account. I tried phone banking, but can't answer the security questions because I don't have a statement with me and don't know my phone access code (because I don't do phone banking, I use the internet instead). Honestly, I've never known a financial institution to have an outage last this long.

I wonder if they will lose any customers over this?

mine was playing up yesterday too but got it to work in the end. I actually have an account with Bankwest too which is great because you can use NAB,CBA,Westpac and ANZ ATM's for free

Guest littlesarah

I can use other bank's ATMs, so getting at the money isn't the problem per se; although I don't carry a card for that bank because I never take money out other than to transfer it to our other accounts with a different bank. I think it's time to restructure our bank set-up - but OH is resistant because his employer struggles to get his pay in on time at the best of times, without the confusion of changing account details! (That and the fact he's a creature of habit...) But for me, this is likely to be the final straw, I reckon...

How ridiculous, Im with westpac, surely they can clarify your identity by other means in telephone banking given the circumstances!! Glad I did my stuff a few days ago...understand your pain, internet banking is so convenient.

Internet banking is awesome, can't actually remember what it was like before now

Guest littlesarah
How ridiculous, Im with westpac, surely they can clarify your identity by other means in telephone banking given the circumstances!! Glad I did my stuff a few days ago...understand your pain, internet banking is so convenient.

They want to know things like the last transaction on the account - but I can't answer that question because my husband is the only one who uses an ATM card for that account (and he most likely bought materials, lunch or some other thing this morning); if I give a wrong answer my access to phone AND internet banking will be locked, and the only way to unlock it is to go into a branch. As I'm at work I can't go into a branch, so it's a risk I can't take without potentially being unable to sort that mess out for about a week. I don't know why they don't do what other banks do and use a common access code for online and phone banking - but I don't think it will be something I'll have to trouble myself about for too much longer, as I'm pretty sure it's time to take all our business elsewhere.

Guest littlesarah
Internet banking is awesome, can't actually remember what it was like before now

It should be, but for me today, internet banking with this institution is impossible! In fact, for me, just carrying out a straightforward transaction is currently impossible. I'm willing to bet they'd be unable to help me if I went into a branch, because I don't have my card with me (I don't like carrying all my cards around everywhere I go, just in case). The fact that their system can be offline for this amount of time is ridiculous - it's not like they're a small company!

I found it quite surprising that my daughter was able to go into a branch and access her cash without her card or any ID last week...she had her last card eaten at the machine. I would have thought they would at least want to see some ID but no they just asked her the security questions and handed her the cash

Dunno, first time since I've banked with them that I've seen outages with Westpac Online banking. What would make another bank any better? I did manage to log in last night though and do what I needed to do so have avoided frustration. I also have a phone pin set up in case of emergency, it's just a case of remembering it. lol

Archived