moving to bunbury!

DEBBYD

Hi All

I am new to this forum,and would like to introduce myself. My name is Debby I am married with two young children we live in north west england and we are moving to Bunbury in November. My husband has a job there. we will be staying in perth for two nights as we will need to buy a car. Does anybody have any recommendations for a car sales garage, and a nice hotel we can stay at please. we were going to hire a car but think it will be too much hassle having to then take it back to perth. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Debby

Hi mike, R u the guy that sent me the spread sheet? I seemed to have forgotten my user name and password so had to re register.Where do you live if you don't mind me asking! Deb's x

Hi Debby,

No it wasn't me, sorry. We are from Morecambe, Lancashire

Mike

Guest scrumpy

Were flying into Perth on Sept 5th, (family of 4)having a few days there, and making are way to Bunbury, so could do with the same info as you with regards to car sales.

As for accomodation, weve booked Youth hostels, you can get family rooms, something we never done over here, but last time we were in Oz, we used them, cheap, clean, friendly and great facilities. I was amazed by them, my wife needs cooking facilities as allergic to a few foods and ingredients, its not as I imagined at all, try it or at least have a look at the websites. If you do give it a go, become a member over here, and then you get discounts which will more than pay for membership.

• 4 weeks later...

Theres alots of car sales garages not far from the airport in Perth, you'll have no problem finding a car, that's where OH got his from, and it fine with 1 year garantie, (it's second hand) and if you go with cash you can normaly get it cheaper!!...... (better getting a car in Perth then Bunbury, they seem to be cheaper !)

Best off luck.

I arrived 2 months ago (in Bunbury) it's great for families.

Guest scrumpy

Im glad I saw this post, as landing in Perth Sept4th having a few days there, and then heading for Bunbury, so I may well be asking you some questions at some point if you dont mind

Theres alots of car sales garages not far from the airport in Perth, you'll have no problem finding a car, that's where OH got his from, and it fine with 1 year garantie, (it's second hand) and if you go with cash you can normaly get it cheaper!!...... (better getting a car in Perth then Bunbury, they seem to be cheaper !)

Best off luck.

I arrived 2 months ago (in Bunbury) it's great for families.

Im glad I saw this post, as landing in Perth Sept4th having a few days there, and then heading for Bunbury, so I may well be asking you some questions at some point if you dont mind

Yes thats fine!! if i can help...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, we have been in Bunbury for nearly a year now after moving from Alice Springs NT. Love it and the beaches further south. You can ask for one way car rental from all the big hire firms. Buying a car while jetlagged might not allways be a good idea. Then look on gumtree which is used a lot here for ome cheap wheels. Good luck with the move. We can put the kettle on some time -) (no cold ones till summer gets here )

Hi sussex boy, Can`t believe it's only 11 weeks till we move to Bunbury! our posessions go in 4 weeks. We have booked a hire car from perth airport to Bunbury,We have a holiday let for a week. Don't know what to do about houses because of schools. We have an appointment with south Bunbury school on the 28th of nov, but depends on the catchment area doesn't it as to where to buy a house. Can you recommend any nice areas? we are looking at south Bunbury as my husband liam will be working in Davenport. Any ideas would be appreciated,would be good to meet you and your family if your up for it! Thanks in advance

Debby

Arrive, sleep, get over jet lag and then start looking-). Some of the older houses in the south have massive yards and polished floors and are turn of the century. Withers, carey park and dalyelup a mix of new and council housing so depends on street rather than suburb. Rent somewhere before buying etc. Not much traffic compared to the UK and a 20km commute is 15 mintes or so. Good luck and maybe see you in while -).

Archived