PGCE Early Years Education...would I be able to teach in ay kindi

bessie

hi. I have a 2:1 degree in English Literature

Considering doing a PGCE in Early Years Education -

One-year, full-time Programme, which leads to the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE Early Years) of the University of Chester. Successful completion of the Programme enables the University to recommend QTS which is awarded by the General Teaching Council.

does anyone know if this qualification is recognised in Australia??its to teach age range 3-7 ::)

thank you

There are many threads about teaching in Aus. Four years training is the norm for teaching. There are special courses for early childhood teachers at our universities. Its whether your qualifications would match ours. I would look into it before embarking on a course that may be of no assistance for you to get a job.

Also you need to look at the State Education systems they are all slightly different and governed be each State Government.

Its like America here each State is like living in a slightly different country.

Have a look at the acecqa website there is information on there about equivalent qualifications

Early Years teachers are going to be in higher demand due to regulations so it would be a good qualification

you could probably teach 3 and 4 yr old kindergarten with that but not sure about older children

as Petals says each state is different you need to check out acecqa for qualification for Early years and the state you are moving to for teaching

good luck

If you are a citizen you can move over and work at any time.

whether your qualifications need checking and how long that takes is a different matter.

No matter what your profession, your job prospects will be increased if you have experience in the required field

Archived