Hot sunny weather what are the benefits?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Well a big one for me is not having to cut my lawns :laugh:

I hate cutting them, usually the grass grows like billy Ho, but with this long hot fantastic unseasonal sunny spell in the UK, the lawns aren't growing. YEAH BABY. :wink:

Just name one thing that you are benefiting from with the hot sunny weather. :yes:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF
None..!

You did know you were going to Perth in Australia didn't you?

Did you think you were going to Perth in Scotland, lol

Guest The Ropey HOFF

There seems to be some confusion, this threads about the benefits of hot sunny weather, not a moanfest about it.

Another benefit is not having the central heating on for a long period, it makes a nice change.

There seems to be some confusion, this threads about the benefits of hot sunny weather, not a moanfest about it.

Another benefit is not having the central heating on for a long period, it makes a nice change.

Get use to the air con then

Endorphins are high, wellbeing is high, all seems brighter..more sparkly, the sea looks sparklier, the skin looks browner, yeah yeah, skin cancer blah blah, a light tan is actually protective, better than burning for 2 weeks every year on the med...its all good in the hot sun. Warm sun is best though....the beach is best on a hot sunny day because it feels much cooler. I remeber considering if it was hot ENOUGH one day last year for a beach trip and swimming/boating. It was 32d

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Endorphins are high, wellbeing is high, all seems brighter..more sparkly, the sea looks sparklier, the skin looks browner, yeah yeah, skin cancer blah blah, a light tan is actually protective, better than burning for 2 weeks every year on the med...its all good in the hot sun. Warm sun is best though....the beach is best on a hot sunny day because it feels much cooler. I remeber considering if it was hot ENOUGH one day last year for a beach trip and swimming/boating. It was 32d

This is what I'm talking about.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Sitting out on an evening having a nice cold glass of wine, relaxing in a comfy chair, simply awesome.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I always think people are happier when it's sunny however I could be mistaken lol xx

Theres always one or two who grumble about it, I think they must be Albinos, lol

Just in and out of the garden totting up my great British sun tan, YES you heard right, my great British sun tan. YEAH BABY.

Guest Guest26012

Sun makes me happy! Lots of coastal walks, sun cream and hat on. Stopping at the cafe along the way for a coffee and cold drink. Having bbqs at friends and swimming in their pool in between. Meeting friends for breakfast at the weekends at a cafe overlooking the ocean, need I go on lol!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Sun makes me happy! Lots of coastal walks, sun cream and hat on. Stopping at the cafe along the way for a coffee and cold drink. Having bbqs at friends and swimming in their pool in between. Meeting friends for breakfast at the weekends at a cafe overlooking the ocean, need I go on lol!

Yer making me wet me pants, stop it, lol

Playing golf in a T shirt and shorts ....... It's fantastic.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Good camping holidays. Just finished loading up the car for a week's surfing in Cornwall. Showers all week apparently, bloody typical. So hot sunny weather would benefit us :wink:.

The weather tends to be crappy darn sarf, upt' North it's been brilliant. Lol

Air condtioning costs more.

A tan no matter what degree is skin damage, how on gods earth can that be protective.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Air condtioning costs more.

How do you know, you said you didn't have it in Perth?

We were there in January for a month and it's the hottest time of year and we had it on only a handful of times, plus there's several months when the weathers so perfect you don't need central heating or, air con, so Fiona says, but she only lives there, so what does she know? Lol

Guest The Ropey HOFF
TShirt :elvis: you obviously play municipal golf courses.....you will be telling me next you have played in jeans.

I have actually played, granted not right great, you should try it sometime, at your age I would just play 9 holes and get a buggy, lol

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Going out to a pub and sitting outside having a cold pint ........ Oooooooooo I'm starting to dribble.

Archived