Are you in the AA

Metoo

I just received my AA renewal and was a bit surprised at the cost. This year they have increased my premium from £110 to £166

i have been with the AA for years and have probably used them twice so I thought I would give them a ring and maybe reduce the level of cover. Anyway see following conversation

------------------------------------------

hello, AA?

how may I help you?

i received my renewal and its a bit steep, member No. *******

lets have a look. How about if I knock £50 off, would that be acceptable?

WOW that was easy, is that for the same level of cover?

yes exactly the same.

--------------------------------------------

Now that is a result. I am now wondering if they are just trying it on with sky high premiums.

metoo

Guest The Ropey HOFF

There was a story about this, the AA offer the lowest price to capture you, then the following year it goes up automatically by £50 which is what happened to me with my house contents and building insurance, but it was still far cheaper than what Direct line were charging me. It's up for renewal again, but I won't let them do it again, I will shop round.

There was a story about this, the AA offer the lowest price to capture you, then the following year it goes up automatically by £50 which is what happened to me with my house contents and building insurance, but it was still far cheaper than what Direct line were charging me. It's up for renewal again, but I won't let them do it again, I will shop round.

If you have a tesco club card and you get bricks n mortar plus contents from Tesco insurance they give you a £40 gift voucher. I just renewed mine with them for the third year running as they are very reasonable.

£50 back from AA and £40 from Tesco saved £90 in half an hour.

when I rang up to cancel my sky TV/broadband they offered me half price deal for 6 months if I stay with them. Just goes to show what they can do if they want your business

Archived