Getting Elvis To Sydney.

Hi all, im hopefully going to be flying out to sydney Early January, with our dog elvis and my girlfriend Leonie im going to be using Pet air for his flights etc but only using there silver service, he had his Rabies Vaccine about 8 weeks ago and we now have his certificate from the vet. he had his routine vaccinations back in May, what do i need to do now? is it to early to apply for this import licence? i know he needs more vaccinations before he goes but is there anything i need to do in the next couple of month? i will be booking flights / quarantine hopefully by october as i will have a better idea on when my 189 will be complete.

Thanks, Rob, Leonie and Elvis :)

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Rob chat with Bob on here, I will move your thread in to his forum then he can liaise with you when he is next online

Hey Rob,

Sorry for the delay, i dont think i got this in my own bit!

Do nothing for now, but the permits last for 6 months so you want to apply for it in October time is perfect. We will send your vets and you notes and help out any way you like with the silver service.

If you have got the rabies vaccination and rabies blood sample done then you have nothing to do for the next couple of months. The only thing to bear in mind is that if Elvis needs a vaccination then ask your vets to leave out the Lepto part as that will mess with the pre travel bloods which need doign within 30 days of the flight.

Anything else - holler

Bob

Archived