Help! Moving back to Scotland in two weeks and can't engage my brain!

Stitch

Hi,

As the title suggests, after 7 years living in Oz, we (me, hubby and 2 kids) are moving back to Scotland in a couple of weeks and I am in a total panic! We've booked Shippers, organised Pet Transport and will sort out flights when the house sale goes through. I've started a list but can't seem to get anywhere with it. I think my brain is shutting down = possibly cause I'm terrified - hubby and I will be homeless and jobless so slight technicality there!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what needs doing? Anyone out there made lists (and actually did what needed to be done unlike me!)?

Any help would be appreciated as I think I am totally loosing it now:arghh:

Cheers

Ginny

My goodness, where to start! We have been back 2 weeks and I am still doing bits and pieces!!

Get all your stuff you don't want to bring back on gumtree now!

We ordered a skip as well, for all the detritus we couldn't be bothered to sell, or was just rubbish.

Start running your kitchen cupboards down and donating things like herbs and spices to friends!

Run the freezer down.

I would advise doing a mail redirection, Aus post do an international one. It will help you weed out all the important addresses changes you will need to make.

Any work qualifications or certificates you need to get for a new job do it while you are in Oz.

Ring centrelink re child benefits.

I got all of our medical records put into disc to bring back to the UK.

Can't think anymore, it's late! I'll come back to this when I think of more!

good luck!!! :)

My goodness, where to start! We have been back 2 weeks and I am still doing bits and pieces!!

Get all your stuff you don't want to bring back on gumtree now!

We ordered a skip as well, for all the detritus we couldn't be bothered to sell, or was just rubbish.

Start running your kitchen cupboards down and donating things like herbs and spices to friends!

Run the freezer down.

I would advise doing a mail redirection, Aus post do an international one. It will help you weed out all the important addresses changes you will need to make.

Any work qualifications or certificates you need to get for a new job do it while you are in Oz.

Ring centrelink re child benefits.

I got all of our medical records put into disc to bring back to the UK.

Can't think anymore, it's late! I'll come back to this when I think of more!

good luck!!! :)

you are awesome and a life saver. Thank you for the info....keep it coming xxxx

Archived