Work in the UK! advice ?

Melody93

Hey All,

i posted a few days ago about being undecided on the decision of whether make the move back to the UK or not, i have indeed decided im going to go ahead with it *gulp*. im excited tho! for what lies ahead.

Just have some Questions if anybody can help or offer advice in reguards to work there..

Im in childcare and have my Cert 3 in childrens services, does anyone know what that equivolates too back in the uk?

Also if there is any demand for work in that area? or any pointers on maybe how to get my foot in the door with somewhere from over here? so im not getting there and frantically trying to find employment???

Anddddddddddddddddddddd, anybody got any advice on living there? i can move back in with my parents. but im not looking to move back into that area of england, im more looking at norfolk, which is where we lived for 4 years prior to emigrating here. Whats renting like for young people in england? as i am only 20? i can look at staying with friends for a while, but ill eventually need to find my own place. :)

ANY info will be awesome, and i realise i could ask my parents all of this, but they dont know im coming back. its a big xmas surprise :) (i have to hide in a box with a bow ontop, that kind of surprise) haha

Hey All,

i posted a few days ago about being undecided on the decision of whether make the move back to the UK or not, i have indeed decided im going to go ahead with it *gulp*. im excited tho! for what lies ahead.

Just have some Questions if anybody can help or offer advice in reguards to work there..

Im in childcare and have my Cert 3 in childrens services, does anyone know what that equivolates too back in the uk?

Also if there is any demand for work in that area? or any pointers on maybe how to get my foot in the door with somewhere from over here? so im not getting there and frantically trying to find employment???

Anddddddddddddddddddddd, anybody got any advice on living there? i can move back in with my parents. but im not looking to move back into that area of england, im more looking at norfolk, which is where we lived for 4 years prior to emigrating here. Whats renting like for young people in england? as i am only 20? i can look at staying with friends for a while, but ill eventually need to find my own place. :)

ANY info will be awesome, and i realise i could ask my parents all of this, but they dont know im coming back. its a big xmas surprise :) (i have to hide in a box with a bow ontop, that kind of surprise) haha

I don't know what your certificate translates to (UK system is changing again atm). There is work, depending on where you are living. However, nursery work/daycare and so on is IMHO poorly paid just about everywhere in the UK.

If you are experienced, would enjoy it and want a better paying job I'd look to nannying for a family or a nanny share. Also they quite often have live in positions so if you are wanting a buffer of a roof over your head (rent free with some perks usually) its a good option. Reputable nanny agencies are a good starting point. No fee to the nanny. Also nanny sites.

If your heading for Norfolk I would go to Norwich area, seems good for younger people and professionals when I lived there. Mucccchhhh better than Kings Lynn which is (I'm sorry) full of older people and a bit dull.

Archived