Rsms - Been fired

sunypatni

i need suggestion please:

hi, it been 3months i have granted my rsms119 , i had argument on job and my boss fire me ,,, it is not my fault 100% as he ask me to do something which was not fair. and was forcing me to do work out sides of my duties. still it was not me who said i don't want to work anymore he said you do what i said or i will terminate you, i said sorry its not fair and i am not going to do that. and in result he fire me. what should i do please any suggestion.

i have ask my lawyer he said nothing going to happen as you give your genuine effort. and he can't force you to do something which is not your job and which is not right.

i have inform immi as well but no reply yet.

thanks

The main thing I would be worried about is if it looks like you tried to get sacked (and so not made a genuine effort). I would never dream of telling my boss something wasn't in my job description (unless it was sexual favours lol). If immigration contact your employer and the thing you refused to do, they see as reasonable then I think your visa could be in jeopardy, as he did warn you that if you didn't do it you would be sacked. It doesn't matter if it was in your job description, there are always extras and one offs which come up which are not in anyone's job description. That is life.

The main thing I would be worried about is if it looks like you tried to get sacked (and so not made a genuine effort). I would never dream of telling my boss something wasn't in my job description (unless it was sexual favours lol). If immigration contact your employer and the thing you refused to do, they see as reasonable then I think your visa could be in jeopardy, as he did warn you that if you didn't do it you would be sacked. It doesn't matter if it was in your job description, there are always extras and one offs which come up which are not in anyone's job description. That is life.

ok i appreciate you reply,

ok i am working in t/a shop and restaurant as both business are belongs to the guy who sponsored me and under the name of the company. first thing in take-away shop some customer ask me that your food is halal i said no and that's true. he was with me one day and he show me that customer ask and i said no, and he got angry on me and said now are you going to pay for that loss and blaaa blaaa ... recently he told me "lamb" is going expensive so we have to sale beef curry by saying that it is lamb curry. and i said no i am not going to lye.. if you want i can work in restaurant behind the door so i don't have to serve the customer. 2 days after he gave me termination letter saying that i am rude and my behavior is not appropriate and it creates the tension in his business...

i don't care about my visa but i wouldn't disrespect someone's religion. even something heppen i will go to mrt.

thanks,,

Have a chat to these people http://www.fairwork.gov.au/termination/unfair-dismissal/pages/default.aspx should be able to tell you if what you refused to do was fair or not

i did they said check the unfair dismissal checklist. and by that if it is small business than he can fire me when ever he want's unless i have worked their over 1year.

i have inform immigration just waiting for their reply..

fingers cross,

thanks

ok i appreciate you reply,

ok i am working in t/a shop and restaurant as both business are belongs to the guy who sponsored me and under the name of the company. first thing in take-away shop some customer ask me that your food is halal i said no and that's true. he was with me one day and he show me that customer ask and i said no, and he got angry on me and said now are you going to pay for that loss and blaaa blaaa ... recently he told me "lamb" is going expensive so we have to sale beef curry by saying that it is lamb curry. and i said no i am not going to lye.. if you want i can work in restaurant behind the door so i don't have to serve the customer. 2 days after he gave me termination letter saying that i am rude and my behavior is not appropriate and it creates the tension in his business...

i don't care about my visa but i wouldn't disrespect someone's religion. even something heppen i will go to mrt.

thanks,,

Oh that is not good. Fired or not you need to get away from that sort of environment. Why not try McDonalds, or one of the other major take away outlets ?

do you know your area fairly well ? even regional towns have Mc Donalds and the like if not in your town then close by, working on what Blossom said McDonalds is still cooking so when you hear from immigration explain what happened and ask about working for one of the fast food chains. May not be what you want in the longer term but will bring in money while you sort out what to do next

• 2 weeks later...

hi parveen, thanks for reply no i haven't heard anything from immi,, eventhough i have emailed them 2 times, i have call them on dob in line all they said to me you can contect fairwork and now you can work anywhere in regional area. seems like immi does not care about it. so how long it has been happend to you ,, and are you working with someone else now.. tell me somthing abt you.. thanks suny

i am in same situation,my employer sacked me after 3 months,but i am working for this company from 2 years,have u heard anything from immigration?

Hi Sunil good to hear that immigration understands. It just happend 8 days ago, I am looking for work, had some interviews.I think If we work in same area and work there it shouldn't an issue, I had emailed immigration before they had sacked me, immigration replied that your sponsor can't do anything regarding your visa only immigration can cancel the visa. And would do only if they found some contrivance on your side to obtain the visa. I used to work 50 hours a week, which is illegal anyway. So I can prove in a minute that my company was treatinge unfairly. Let me know if you heard anything from immigration

Archived