Adding partner to 489 visa

cyberslam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys, I spoke to a migration agent a while ago and he told me that since I have Skilled - Sponsored (Family) 489 visa, I can't add my wife to it. It could have been possible only at the time of lodgment of my app. is this true? :-|

and do I have to be in the Australia to start her process or I can start it even while being offshore , if its indeed possible to add her?

really confusing situation for me here....kindly help..

Thanks!

^ yes but upon speaking to the agent I have got completely different info and now I can't even find application for subsequent entrant visa mentioned link provided in post# 2

and do I have to be in the Australia to start her process or I can start it even while being offshore , if its indeed possible to add her?

Nicky, I might be mistaken here but isn't that applicable for the "Holders of visa subclasses 495, 496, 475 and 487" ? in my case I am holder of Skilled - subclass 489 visa :-|

I have the same question.

BTW, did you notify DIAC about changes in your curcumstances, I mean about your marriage?

I have found information on the web. http://www.aspiresquare.com/skill-regional-visa-489.php

But I'm not sure it is true or not, because it is written that:

[h=3]Adding family members to your undecided application[/h]

During the time after you lodge your application but before a decision is made, you can only include a partner and/or dependent children with your application. You will need to demonstrate that they are members of your family unit and they will also have to meet any other specified visa requirements such as health, character and custody requirements where applicable.

[h=3]Adding a new born child to your undecided application[/h]

A new born child can be added to your application at any stage during visa processing. It is important that you notify the office processing your skilled migration visa as soon as practicable.

Once the child is born you will need to provide the department with a copy of the child's full birth certificate. The new born child will also need to meet specified visa requirements such as health and custody requirements where applicable.

However, DIAC says here http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/including-family-members/

You cannot add a partner to your Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa application after lodgement.

But the most interesting that I have found from the first link is

[h=3]Children born after visa grant[/h]

If you are a temporary resident and your child is born in Australia, your child is taken to have been granted the same visa as their parents. You will need to advise the department as soon as possible if you have a new born child.

If you are a temporary visa holder and your child is born outside Australia, you can sponsor your child as a subsequent entrant.

[h=3]Adding other family members to your visa[/h]

You are eligible to sponsor a spouse or de facto partner and dependent family members as subsequent entrants. Any subsequent entrants will need to apply for a subsequent entrant visa. They will only be able to apply through the online application form on the department's website.

Anyone to proof this?

Hi hope someone can help, I will apply for my husband as subsequent entrant for my visa subclass 489 and I just want to know what should be the answer in the question in the online application "Is the primary applicant sponsored by an eligible relative?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Experts,

I am completing my EOI at 489 to NT, but now, I don't want to add my spouse and child with my current 489 which can save me for more DIBP fee and to show more assets to NT, but I want to add them after two years when I will apply for PR. Now i am confused about the answer for the following question whether I should answer it "YES" or "NO".

Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application?* .

Any suggestion from anyone is highly appreciated.

I don't know if I am correct but I think your answer should be no. Eoi means expression of interest, it's not yet the actuual application for visa, maybe when you get invited anfor application is the future application not the application for pr after 2 yrs

Hi Jen,

Thanks a lot for your kind help. I have also got the same kind of response from "SkillSelect Support" as shown below :

The expression of interest (EOI) process is a completely separate from a visa application process. In the EOI you are declaring you would like to add family members, you can change your mind at the visa application stage.

If you do reach the visa application stage it will ask you to declare your family members then another question will be asked for you to name each family member that will be accompanying you.

• 2 months later...
Hi hope someone can help, I will apply for my husband as subsequent entrant for my visa subclass 489 and I just want to know what should be the answer in the question in the online application "Is the applicant sponsored by an eligible relative?"

489 visas are either state sponsored OR they are sponsored by a relative.

If YOUR 489 visa is state sponsored, answer NO. If YOUR 489 visa was sponsored by a relative, answer YES. You must surely know if YOUR visa is state or relative sponsored!!