Medicals today!! scary and exciting...

samdom1

Medicals today for the woodhouse clan!! last hurdle of the process...fingers crossed we are all A graded and just waiting for CO and then the golden ticket, so to speak!

I have no idea why i'm nervous about this process, I suppose its cos it means so much eh!

Anyway gang wish us Luck! xxx :biggrin:

Hey!

Good luck with your medicals!

Just wondered how much your medicals and police check cost? And how you go about booking them?

I've only just sent off my skills assessment application to anmac so got a few months yet but like to be prepared!

Sam

Hey!

Just wondered how much your medicals and police check cost? And how you go about booking them?

I've only just sent off my skills assessment application to anmac so got a few months yet but like to be prepared!

Sam

Medicals will vary in price. Depends which of the panel doctors you end up using from the list below. Adults are different price to kids who are different to babies.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

Police checks you need to read this

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

I am sure your CO will inform you of all this in due course though. Or its all out there to look up on the official websites and stuff if you want more info :)

Good luck.

Hey!

Sam

Hi Sam like you hon I'm also a nurse so we need to have Hep B and Hep C bloods taken as well as HIV...we went to a one stop shop at Manchester Spire Hospital it was £330 for me, £280 for my hubby and our 15 year old daughter and our 13 year old son was £220...£1160 in total. This included everything, chest xrays, bloods for three of us, (son too young to need bloods) and full medicals each.

We arrived at 1.30 pm and left at 4.45..so certainly thorough!

PCC security checks are £45 each for the check and postage, but you can pay a little more for recored postage etc.

Hope that helps...

Sam x

As you are front loading medicals and police checks you may never be contacted by CO unless they require further information and visa application will go straight to grant once application is ready. So don't worry if dint hear from one.

Many Thanks for your message...we only just discovered that it was possible to front load our medicals and police checks, via our fab migration agent. So fingers crossed it all happens asap. Even though we might not need to be contacted by a CO would you agree that we will still be possibly waiting 6- 8 weeks for the CO to be assigned and therefore review our application?

Thanks again

Sam

Many Thanks for your message...we only just discovered that it was possible to front load our medicals and police checks, via our fab migration agent. So fingers crossed it all happens asap. Even though we might not need to be contacted by a CO would you agree that we will still be possibly waiting 6- 8 weeks for the CO to be assigned and therefore review our application?

Thanks again

Sam

Yes will still take up to 8 weeks for CO to be assigned to your application. They will then review your documents and hopefully your medicals have been finalised you should get grant soon after.

Hi Sam like you hon I'm also a nurse so we need to have Hep B and Hep C bloods taken as well as HIV...we went to a one stop shop at Manchester Spire Hospital it was £330 for me, £280 for my hubby and our 15 year old daughter and our 13 year old son was £220...£1160 in total. This included everything, chest xrays, bloods for three of us, (son too young to need bloods) and full medicals each.

We arrived at 1.30 pm and left at 4.45..so certainly thorough!

PCC security checks are £45 each for the check and postage, but you can pay a little more for recored postage etc.

Hope that helps...

Sam x

Wow that's a lot! Thanks for letting me know, I'll get saving haha! It'll be worth it all in the end though! Luckily it's just my husband and I so won't be as much for just the two of us.

So just to clarify it's ok to book medicals and police checks before you're allocated a case officer?

Thanks, Sam x

Wow that's a lot! Thanks for letting me know, I'll get saving haha! It'll be worth it all in the end though! Luckily it's just my husband and I so won't be as much for just the two of us.

So just to clarify it's ok to book medicals and police checks before you're allocated a case officer?

Thanks, Sam x

Hi Sam Yep its OK..we were told we needed to wait until we were allocated a case officer. However we have a great migration agent who told us that it had changed from July the 1st and its perfectly fine to "front load " your application with your medicals and police checks, but its really important to know that you will only have a year from the date of either your medicals submission or police checks in which to activate your visa by passing through australian customs and entering oz either for a short hols or permanently (whichever as long as you actually enter) if you are applying for a 189 VISA. The same goes for anybody named on your visa too.

For us its positive as it speeds up the process a little in that if alls well in theory the CO can simply check over everything and if they are satisfied they can grant from that info!

Hope that helps Sam

So in effect we will have twelve months from 16th July in which to activate

Archived