First VAC

Veronique

Hello Ronnie. With regard to the time between medicals and a case officer being assigned. My feeling is that they wouldn't state the dates without there being some sort of structure. They know there is only 12 months after the police checks for people to enter Aus. Also, we at least have a ref. number which will be on the medical report, so in theory it should be alright. (Although you may have doubts, due to your experience!!). I wonder if the wording is general, and is not related to any particular visa.

regards Carolyn:smile:

Hi All,

Sorry I haven`t been in touch for a while, so just to let you know I am in the same boat as Ronnie and Carolyn, at long last I received acknowledgement of application form it took exactly four months, Form 80 arrived in Perth yesterday (nightmare) still no case worker though!

Next step, Medical assessment etc. and CRB . Has anyone had an acknowledgement of receipt of the arrival of form 80 or do you think that will come with the allocation of the case worker?

regards to all

Margaret Coupe

Hello Margaret, long time "no hear". I posted our forms 80 in August (I have subsequently read somewhere that they can be done online, but maybe not for the 143 visa applicants, don't know for sure). I emailed after a few weeks had passed to enquire if the forms 80 had been received, I put the ref number on. Eventually, after some weeks, I received a reply to say basically they didn't know as it had not got to their department yet!! and to ask again after 6-8 weeks. I probably will not bother with this, and just hope for the best. So basically no acknowledgement for the 180, only the initial letter for the visa application, which interestingly has a case officer name on one of the enclosed letters! So your guess is as good as mine. Did you see the time lines that somebody posted on their experiences, they have their visa, they weren't asked for the 180 until later, unlike us. As I have already said the process seems to have changed a bit. Unless of course I am going 'crackers'.:laugh: All the best, C.

• 4 months later...
Guest mcoupe

Hi Carolyn and Ronnie,

I haven`t been on Pomz for a while so just wondering how you are getting on, I am up to CRB end of April and Meds end of June. Have either of you been awarded a case officer yet??

love to hear from you Margaret

Hi Carolyn and Ronnie,

I haven`t been on Pomz for a while so just wondering how you are getting on, I am up to CRB end of April and Meds end of June. Have either of you been awarded a case officer yet??

Hello mcoupe, nice to hear from you again. Yes, we are meant to do our police from the middle of this month (April), however I understand from another post that they have been advised to wait until June or July to do this. This was in response to a query as to when to do them. Apparently, there is a delay in a case officer being allocated. We will probably wait to do both the

Police checks and medicals at the same time, probably in June, unless someone comes up with more relevant information. We mustn't lose sight of the twelve month rule time scale, after being granted the visas.

all the best, Carolyn

As I'm here, I'll say that I have also written to my MP about the pension issue, his reply was fairly inconclusive!! However, I think that something is going on in the House about this subject. Very unfair that if you live for example in the USA or even the Phillipines you get the pension increase, but not when you are in a Commonwealth country. Thought the Commonwealth was very important to the UK!

Guest mcoupe

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for your reply it is good to hear from you, yes I agree, I think I will wait as recommended by Rupert. Have you heard from Ronnie? I seem to remember that she was a month or so in front of us. I am off to OZ next month for my Granddaughters 18th so looking forward to that. will keep in touch.

kind regards,

Margaret

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for your reply it is good to hear from you, yes I agree, I think I will wait as recommended by Rupert. Have you heard from Ronnie? I seem to remember that she was a month or so in front of us. I am off to OZ next month for my Granddaughters 18th so looking forward to that. will keep in touch.

kind regards,

Margaret

Hello Margaret

I am actually slightly ahead of Ronnie, my process was started mid June 2013, but I think it only a matter of a week or so different. We are both on the 143 route. At the moment I believe she is in Aus. As you will be soon. She will probably go into DIAC and ask questions!

Keep in touch, at least that way we know we are not alone!! Carolyn:confused:

Hi Carolyn and Ronnie,

hi Margaret .We can send our CRB 14th April and go for our meds after 14th June, so we are the same as you. At the moment we are in Australia visiting our family it's great. Once we have had our medicals and know we have been assessed and given the all clear I wonder if we can assume we will be granted a visa as soon as we are allocated a CO !!!!!!!!

Hi Carolyn,

kind regards,

Margaret

Hi Margaret good to hear from you. I tend to post messages mainly on the "brand new PIO. Parent Visa Thread" We. Are in Australia for a month visiting our two daughters and three grand children at the moment. Hopeyou enjoy your trip - I am sure you will.

Cheers Ronnie

Hi Margaret good to hear from you. I tend to post messages mainly on the "brand new PIO. Parent Visa Thread" We. Are in Australia for a month visiting our two daughters and three grand children at the moment. Hopeyou enjoy your trip - I am sure you will.

Cheers Ronnie

Like Veronique I also tend to post on the brand new PIO parent visa thread. However, I also understand from another post that the case officers are not being allocated that quickly, and the recommendation by Immi to them is to hold off doing the police checks and meds for a few weeks, which is why I will probably wait to do the police checks until June and do the meds at about the same time. I have managed to request a HAP ID, after hearing about Veronique's success in getting one. We are about the same in terms of time line. Frankly I am of the view that we will be lucky if we get a case officer before December!! This is based on the posts I have read and not from any other source from "on high". All the best Carolyn

• 1 month later...
Like Veronique I also tend to post on the brand new PIO parent visa thread. However, I also understand from another post that the case officers are not being allocated that quickly, and the recommendation by Immi to them is to hold off doing the police checks and meds for a few weeks, which is why I will probably wait to do the police checks until June and do the meds at about the same time. I have managed to request a HAP ID, after hearing about Veronique's success in getting one. We are about the same in terms of time line. Frankly I am of the view that we will be lucky if we get a case officer before December!! This is based on the posts I have read and not from any other source from "on high". All the best Carolyn

Hi All,

I have been following this thread with great interest. Our application was accepted at the end of August 2013 (one day before the extra price rise). We have been using a very good agent, GoMatilda. Like most in this thread we have also received the letter about police checks and medicals (in our case, June and August respectively. As the visa has to be used within a year of the police check we have decided (and we asked our agent for advice) to wait until we have been allocated a case officer before starting both, with the intention being that we then have a year to sell up and move.

Good luck everyone.

cheers

Chris

Hi All,

I have been following this thread with great interest. Our application was accepted at the end of August 2013 (one day before the extra price rise). We have been using a very good agent, GoMatilda. Like most in this thread we have also received the letter about police checks and medicals (in our case, June and August respectively. As the visa has to be used within a year of the police check we have decided (and we asked our agent for advice) to wait until we have been allocated a case officer before starting both, with the intention being that we then have a year to sell up and move.

Good luck everyone.

cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

It is my understanding that a visa will not be granted if your medical examination and/or police check is more than 12 months old so in those cases one would have to retake a medical and obtain a new police check

Once a visa is granted you must enter Oz within 12 months to validate the visa and enter Oz on a permanent resident basis within 5 years of the date the visa was granted

The current waiting time to be assigned a CO for CPVs is 16 months after the lodgement date so you are likely to be assigned a CO round about the end of December this year

cheers Barry

Hi Barry,

What you have put is exactly my understanding (the only difference is the wait time of about 18 months is what we have been told, but what is 2 months....just more time to save). That is why we are leaving it until we have a case office assigned before we go for the police checks and medicals (our intention will be to sell up and move after gaining the visa, and the longer time we have before having to activate it, the less pressure).

cheers

Chris

Archived