First VAC

Veronique

Hi everyone. Its not often that you are pleased that money has disappeared from your bank account but today our first vac has been taken. Our application for 143 visa was sent to Perth 13.6.2013 and the first vac was taken by credit card 28.6.13 @ exchange rate $162.22. (£1269.89).

Now we know we are in the system - just the long wait !!!

Hello Veronique, nice to see someone in the same boat as us. We sent our 143 application to Perth via my daughter. It arrived at the DIAC office on the 11th June and the first VAC was taken from the C/C on the 26th. Don't think our exchange was quite so generous though. So we appear to be two days ahead of you, at least the DIAC office is consistent, so far!! So now we wait. Lots to think about though, like when to sell the house and probably move into a rental here. We did consider going out on a 600 visa, so that we are there, but think it will be too much hassle at our age! First time I have done this. Perhaps we will land there at about the same time.

regards, Carob

Thanks for the reply. Now it is the long wait - about 18 months ish. We have as I am sure you have, daughters and grandchildren living in australia and cant wait to be with them. We go out every year for a month but its not the same. Where are you going to? We are going (hopefully) to Perth.

Hello again Veronique.

We are also going to Perth, what a coincidence. My daughter is there, husband is an Aussie but spent over 20 years in the UK so doesn't sound like one. No kids, just two dogs. We spent six weeks over Christmas and then another four weeks in April, unlikely to go out again before the big move! Yes, we can keep an eye open on "Chireckles" for each other, not that there will be anything to add for a very long time. My real name is Carolyn, but I use Carob on PIO's just for fun. Are you going to sell up well before you go, or take a risk nearer the time.

regards C.

• 1 month later...
Hi Carob

I see that you are registered with "Chireckles" We can monitor each other. - Our user name is BAZZA

regards Veronique

Hi Veronique

i see on the PIO FORUM that some people received an acknowledgement email very shortly after submitting the application. Admittedly, these were not for this year so perhaps DIAC have changed the way they do things. Just wondered if you have received one.

however, money has gone out of the credit card, got $1.6667, so not as good as yours I think.

regard Carolyn:smile:

Guest mcoupe

Hi I sent my first VAC for CPV as a Bank draft in aussi $ 18-06-13 ! am I being too impatient in expecting an acknowledgement so soon??

Hi I sent my first VAC for CPV as a Bank draft in aussi $ 18-06-13 ! am I being too impatient in expecting an acknowledgement so soon??

Hi there. Our application was received by DIAC on 11th June, so a bit before you. Now whether they have changed the way they do things, goodness only knows. As I said in my original post, a couple of people received an acknowledgement email within a few days, but the last one I read was for 2012. The money has been taken off our card, so that is encouraging.

I think it is just a case of waiting to see.

We sent ours on the 13.06.13 and we are still waiting. I believe it can take up to 10 weeks !!!! The wait is killing us but at least you know they have taken your money so we must all be somewhere in the system. Then the 12 - 18 months wait ---- It will be worth it in the end.

Hope we both get a reply soon.

Guest mcoupe
We sent ours on the 13.06.13 and we are still waiting. I believe it can take up to 10 weeks !!!! The wait is killing us but at least you know they have taken your money so we must all be somewhere in the system. Then the 12 - 18 months wait ---- It will be worth it in the end.

Hope we both get a reply soon.

Hi Veronique, Thanks for your reply, fingers crossed that we hear something soon -----

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Veronique and Mecoop, thanks for your replies, what a relief to know we are not alone! C xx

Hello Veronique

just to let you know that today my daughter in Perth received from DIAC a letter asking for us to start providing information.

Apparently they require Form 80 to be be done immediately, all 18 pages of it, including one question asking for a date for our arrival! Plus, details of all employment and retirement activities; also details of travel within the last ten years. So we have been scuttling around unearthing stuff we thought we would never again.

I think that the system must have changed, because we have also been asked to provide police checks before March 2014 and medicals plus the AOS before June 2014.. Actually rather good, makes you feel better about what is going on. So, I expect you will hear very shortly, as our 143 was lodged just before yours I think.

What do you think you would put for date of arrival? Hope that doesn't sound too feeble.:unsure:

All the best, Carolyn

Guest mcoupe

Hi Carob, Wonderful news! Re arrival date, if it was me I would be putting that I want to be in Oz for my Granddaughters 18th birthday in May 2014 obviously before if possible. Good luck I am really pleased for you. Margaret

Scream !!!!

hi Carob, mcoupe and everyone else waiting for acknowledgement of their application for a 143 visa. We applied two days after Carob June 13th 2013 so expected a reply in the next few days. About 10 days ago we emailed parents at immi asking when we would could expect acknowledgement of our application. Today we received am email informing us that they could not trace our application. They said it could have been delivered to the parent visa centre but if it has been delivered it has not been registered. -allow six more working weeks for your application to be registered !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear Veronique, so sorry to hear about this muddle.

However, you can take some cheer from the fact that they have taken the first VAC, so as you have realised they have actually received your application. The next challenge will be Form 80, unless you have already submitted it with your original submission. We have been scuttling about looking up ALL our past employments. Typically I had disposed of my CV a few weeks ago, thinking that I would never need it again!! Also, need to know what we have been doing in retirement, and all past travels to other countries for the last ten years. If you haven't already done the 18 page form, maybe now would be a good time whilst you are waiting to start completing it!!

all the best, Carolyn

Hi Carolyn - Yes we are filling in form 80 it is a bit of a pain and yes I have been hunting out my CV. We have had holidays in Aus every year for the last ten years so luckily all the dates are in our passports. I am really hoping the person looking for our application has not hunted very far and that it turns up on someone's desk. We will contact them again in a few weeks.

Cheers

Ronnie

Guest mcoupe
Hi Carolyn - Yes we are filling in form 80 it is a bit of a pain and yes I have been hunting out my CV. We have had holidays in Aus every year for the last ten years so luckily all the dates are in our passports. I am really hoping the person looking for our application has not hunted very far and that it turns up on someone's desk. We will contact them again in a few weeks.

Cheers

Ronnie

Hi Carob and Veronique,

So sorry to hear that your application has been lost somewhere at the centre Veronique, at least they are now aware. I posted mine to the "locked Bag" at the Perth address on the 18th June, give a week to ten days for postage I reckon I will have to be patient for a little longer and then contact them as you have. please keep in touch Margaret

Hello Veronique, and all the patient waiters. We posted our Form 80's today, thank goodness, to Locked Bag, hope it doesn't get lost as well. Had to fill in Part J as had sooo many jobs within the NHS, plus others, and numerous voluntary things as well, nearly filled up the whole. OH's not much better. Had to phone his sister in Scotland as he wasn't sure where she was born. The whole thing took an inordinate amount of time, and I am so glad that it was requested now and not towards the end of the process, would probably have thrown even more paperwork out!!

looking forward to hearing other success stories on the visa front. Carolyn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone - good news at last. After waiting 13 weeks and 1 day we have finally received acknowledgement of our application for a 143 CPvisa. We have been directed to send form 80 now. After April 2014 we can apply for Police Clearance but have to retain until requested by case officer. After 14th June 2014 we can organise our medicals but once again retain until requested. Same with AOS.

Still along way off and we don't know when the case officer will request the documents but over the first hurdle!!!!!

Form 80 is lengthy so down load it and fill it in ready so you can send it off straight away. Ensure you download the correct one as the old one is still on the IMMI site.

You need the 07/2013 copy.

Hello everyone. I have already sent a short PM to you Veronique, but wanted to put a longer one on here. Police clearance is ok to retain until requested, but the medicals would be sent by the panel doctor direct to HOC in Sydney, as my letter says "Results should not be given to applicants". So theoretically we have no control over this.

Do you think though, that for example, the police checks are to be done "commence 10 months from 11 June 2013". And the medicals 12 months from then, that they are to be completed by, in my case, by 11 June 2014. Of course the police checks sooner.

Also, have you noticed that there is case officer name on one of the letters? Probably doesn't mean a thing though, just wishful thinking on my part!

Had a wobbly when I saw your comment regarding the date on the form 80, luckily I had done the correct one. Hopefully DIAC should have received ours by now, will probably email them to check, in view of what happened to your application.. At least no time has been lost, just a bit unsettling for you (to put it mildly).

All the best to you all, Tab should be next. Carolyn

Hi everyone waiting for your contributory parent visa. We have sent our form 80 to immi and have been informed that we can organise our police check after 14th April 2014 and our health assessment after 14th June 2014

We have been instructed to retain the police check until requested by case officer and retain Health Assessment until requested by case officer. We were under the impression that we would not be given results from our assessment and that the Panel Doctor would forward the assessment to the Health Operations Centre in Sydney ( it actually says this on the Medical Assessment Information letter!

Confused Can anyone clarify.

Thanks

Hi everyone waiting for your contributory parent visa. We have sent our form 80 to immi and have been informed that we can organise our police check after 14th April 2014 and our health assessment after 14th June 2014

We have been instructed to retain the police check until requested by case officer and retain Health Assessment until requested by case officer. We were under the impression that we would not be given results from our assessment and that the Panel Doctor would forward the assessment to the Health Operations Centre in Sydney ( it actually says this on the Medical Assessment Information letter!

Confused Can anyone clarify.

Thanks

Hi Ronnie, sorry I can`t help with your confusion but WOW! June 2014 so pleased and good luck with your medicals.

Margaret (Coupe)

Hi Maureen. Yes dates are good but how long after the health assessment will we receive a case officer? It could be 3 months / 6 months etc but not more than 12months as health assessments only last 12 months. Still we are happy we have been given some dates and who knows we may get a case officer straight away !

Hi Maureen. Yes dates are good but how long after the health assessment will we receive a case officer? It could be 3 months / 6 months etc but not more than 12months as health assessments only last 12 months. Still we are happy we have been given some dates and who knows we may get a case officer straight away !

Hello Ronnie. With regard to the time between medicals and a case officer being assigned. My feeling is that they wouldn't state the dates without there being some sort of structure. They know there is only 12 months after the police checks for people to enter Aus. Also, we at least have a ref. number which will be on the medical report, so in theory it should be alright. (Although you may have doubts, due to your experience!!). I wonder if the wording is general, and is not related to any particular visa.

regards Carolyn:smile:

Archived