189 after 1 July 2013

I understand there are many threads related to Visa 189.

This thread has been created to discuss about the possible changes to Processing times for 189 applications from 1st July 2013 when a lot of 190 applications would enter the system for CO Allocation.

When the Ceilings for various Occupations be reset on 1 July 2013, the backlog of Skilled-190 Visa applicants will be getting priority over 189 applications.. This concerns me because this could mean 189 waiting times could go up pretty significantly .

Anyone have any idea of how things would work from July and should there be any concern about waiting times at all~!? Hopefully, DIAC is well equipped with decent number of staff to maintain Allocation standards.

Edited by ranjith47

There are 190 applicants waiting to be invited by the department and they are waiting because their occupation ceilings had been met for the year. From tomorrow onwards, these ceilings would be reset which would mean instant invitations for such 190 applicants waiting as they wouldnt have to go through any invitation rounds set by the department.

I am not sure how many such applicants are there but im only concerned if at all there are a lot of applicants waiting as they would get priority over 189 processing.

I was just hoping if someone over here knew any more than what i do regarding this concern i have

Any 190 applications waiting to be invited are in same situation at 189 waiting to be invited. Once a occupation reached a ceiling it was also removed from the states occupation list, there is no one sitting with sponsorship waiting for an invitation. Also state nomination takes can take a few months to be processed. Occupations that met ceilings last year that were removed from state occupation list doesn't mean that they will automatically be put back on a states occupation list. States updated there list each year and the updated lists are not usually ready by 1 July. As I previously said you are really worrying over nothing.

You have applied just over 4 weeks ago standard allocation dates for CO for 189 is 8 weeks. Since you have front loaded your Pcc and medicals you may never get contact with CO until decision is ready on your application, if no other documents are required. Referred medicals are also taking 3 months to process. Or internal/external checks for some countries take longer than others. Processing is moving very fast for skilled migration currently - but there are other factors that can vary processing times.

Yeah sure,, I understand that. But I was just concerned about those 190 Visa backlogs which apparently doesnt work the way I thought it would. And yes, I do agree that the Skilled migration processing is pretty fast now. But when a lotta people talk about concerns of the CO's not being alloted within the timeframe, im just getting worked up... I am hoping for the best and Thank you for the assistance.

Lebourvellec,, I Was kinda right with my speculation .

The July 1st reset of occ ceilings will increase 190 processing as a lot of applicants with state sponsorship has received invitation and applied for the visa . This means priority processing for 190 visas will increase and 189 just might be pushed back .

The Processing Time list has been updated in the DIAC website. However, All information is the same, except for the updated list date.

So , 189 Visas are still going to be allocated to a CO within 8 weeks of lodgement. Thats kinda good news to me.

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I applied on 2nd July 2013 and it is 9 weeks and 2 days and i have still not been allocated a CO. So i would agree there is a backlog in the system. I know of no other 189 visa applicant beyond end of jult who has been allocated a CO.

Is there anyone out there who has a CO and a date post 1st July 2013?

Hi All,

I applied on 2nd July 2013 and it is 9 weeks and 2 days and i have still not been allocated a CO. So i would agree there is a backlog in the system. I know of no other 189 visa applicant beyond end of jult who has been allocated a CO.

Is there anyone out there who has a CO and a date post 1st July 2013?

Hi there, we applied on 4th July 2013 and still no CO here - am going to call them late tonight to chase up as we are pretty keen to get it by the end of the month and I just don't know if we will!! Btw I have not seen anyone who has applied post July and got a CO yet either....:arghh: