Gasfitter skills assesment

Bowgs

Are there any gasfitters who have had their skills assessed by VETASSES? On the TRA website it says VETASSES are the assessor however their website only lists plumbers? Also am I right in thinking that it costs $3500 to get assesed?!

Thanks in advance

im currently doing my paperwork / assessment, im a gas fitter but going through as a plumber, to submit your paperwork it costs £800 then £1400 for the practical assessment!

Is there not a seperate gas fitter assessment? The majority of my work is repairing/installing/servicing central heating boilers. Ive got 8 years experience, am Gas Safe registered but the only "plumbing" I do is replacing hot water cylinders so I don't know if I would pass the plumbing practical?

Hi mate you have to go through as general plumber not gas fitter but when you get to the collage the ask are you roof plumbing or gas fitter,tick one or other there is a paper test regarding the gas fitter one 40 questions I think as for the practical test its so easy I did it with my eyes closed I'm like you mate for the last twelve years all I have done is install central heating systems.its a very basic test don't worry about it just do it good luck. Pm me if you need more info on the practical test

• 10 years later...