WA sponsorship page on DIAC

geordiegirl68

Hi all,

wonder if anyone can advise, I have all in place, lodged EOI, we were looking to get sponsorship from WA, and while looking at main DIAC website found link to WA site, which asked for information from prospective WA applicants. I filled it out, however it required $200 to complete, at which point I stopped. Can anyone let me know what this is? And with the imminent price hike, would this route prove any quicker to achieve invitation to apply, or as I suspect, am I just clutching at straws!!:wacko:

Thanks for any advise offered.

Thanks for that, so if I complete this very in depth form, can they agree they would sponsor me, or will we have to wait until next intake? We are under no illusion that we will get in before the dreaded price increase, if we have to pay, we have to pay! Needed to know if this was a genuine link, and whether it may just be worth trying to beat the deadline?

Don't know if you would get invitation to apply before 28th, but to apply for WA sponsorship costs $200. If you get approved for sponsorship you will be invited to apply.

Actually on that point from 1st of July you will not be able to apply directly for WA State Sponsorship, you now just submit an EOI and if selected you may be invited to apply for state sponsorship which if you are then accepted you maybe able to apply for 190 visa.

Now I'm really confused! Does that mean the link I was directed to will no longer be valid after July 1st? I can go for independent visa with points total of 65, or state sponsored with total of 70. Could go straight for employee sponsored now, but worried that would limit my opportunities!

Now I'm really confused! Does that mean the link I was directed to will no longer be valid after July 1st? I can go for independent visa with points total of 65, or state sponsored with total of 70. Could go straight for employee sponsored now, but worried that would limit my opportunities!

I cannot think of any reason why you would go for state sponsorship if you already have 65 points.

A few years back, state sponsorship could make a significant difference to processing times and was a sensible decision for most. It doesn't make much difference at the moment, to me seems like an unnecessary step.

Not sure how it works but it seems theres is no direct application for State sponsorship after 1st July.

Changes to State sponsorship

6 June 2013

From 1 July 2013 the process for State sponsorship will be changing and the Department of Training and Workforce Development will no longer accept direct applications.

The new process will be as follows:

1 Submit an expression of interest to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship via the SkillSelect database.

2 The Department selects applicants from SkillSelect and offers an invitation to apply for State sponsorship.

3 If invited to apply, you will be given a unique identifier to submit an application to the Department of Training and Workforce Development.

To be considered for State sponsorship you must meet the current 2012-13 criteria for State sponsorship which is available on the How to apply for State sponsorship page.

It is anticipated that a new criteria will be implemented on 1 October 2013.

For more information on SkillSelect please visit http://www.skillselect.gov.au or call DIAC on 131881.

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/LatestNews.aspx

Archived