ASA Group

chris081271

Yes you have 28 days to upload supporting documents. Do you have the login details for EOI. Remember its Australian time for the elodgement outage on 28th.

Thanks for the info lebourvellec.

Does that mean I have 28 days from the day I apply to upload supporting documents?

I don't have any login details. I'll get onto it.

Thanks

Thanks for the info lebourvellec.

Does that mean I have 28 days from the day I apply to upload supporting documents?

I don't have any login details. I'll get onto it.

Thanks

Yes from the day application is lodged.

I would try and get a hold of your details if you are going to lodge application yourself.

Guys, any update with ASA? I got a message from them saying there is no need to panic as my application is in final stages. I am confised now on what to do really. Should I take ownership or just wait and see what's gonna happen??? anyone is taking any action with them?

Ref post #20. There is no need to keep asking same question, you have been answered already.

Hi all,

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and have been reading this topic with interest. My wife and I started a Skilled PR application with ASA in september 2010, all was well and was dealt with professionally up until the point we paid our 'professional' fees. After this point their service and professionalism was non existent. We waited months for replies for online comms and were constantly stalled and asked the same questions time and time again, we finally managed to get the necessary info from them and the help we asked for in lodging the skills assessment but by this time it was December 2011. My skills assessment was sent to them, received and signed for in December but we received no notification. We pressed them in January 2012 for the whereabouts and were told that it was never received and to pay re-submit and again pay the TRA fees. During this time I was offered 457 sponsorship through a company in WA so for the next few months was dealing with this. We arrived in Australia in June 2012 and resumed our PR application with ASA. We re-submitted our new TRA application but were told that new requirements wwere now in place and by the time it reached them it was too late to lodge. I queried this and asked as migration agents why didn't they know of these changes and inform me earlier but was told that the changes happen with little notice. I re-re-re submitted and my file was checked by emmanuel online and was given the go ahead to send ASA the application. On arrival at ASA it was supposedly lacking requested information! Everything sent to ASA was as requested and exactly as uploaded and deemed fine. This was November of last year. I asked again why I was being told conflicting stories and then told that actually, all was fine and had been lodged. I was only told this after I pressed them, there was no contact directly to me from ASA informing me of this. I asked why it was suddenly OK to lodge but recieved no reply for over a month, this was in march of this year. I then called them and asked for an update and was told that ASA had sent my skills assessment to the wrong assessing body. By this point I was furious with them and sick of dealing with their incompetence and unprofessionalism. I asked why for 2and a half years I had been apllying to the wrong assessing body and was told that they didn't know my trade (welder 1st class) was to be lodged with vetassess and not TRA. At this point I asked to part ways with them and for a refund due to the stupidity and ridiculousness of their service but was told that there was no way they could do that. They then suggested I repay the vetassess fees and that they would act professionally on my behalf. I was shocked. My wife and I drive to ASA offices in Henley brook and demanded our file back, they obliged and told us to not expect a refund.

I suspect that I am not the only one treated in such a manner, and worryingly they seem to be operating for the moment only for clients yet to pay. I do have a direct contact number for an agent (humberto) there but as expected, he neither answers or is any use.

I suppose the point of all this is to alert any others of ASA's uselessness. Judging by the other posts, I don t think any sane person reading this would pay them 'professional fees' but I can sympathise with anybody who has had the misfortune of dealing with these clowns.

I know I sound bitter, I am, they've taken my money and I've recieved nothing in return. Good riddance and hopefully they don't resurface and sting others with their service in future.

Hi all

ASA are on the ASIC website of liquidated companies as of 20th June with the external administrators of Hall Chadwick chartered accountants dealing with it - contact is Pav Bharaj, email: pbharaj@hallchadwick.com.au

Our agent at ASA was Emmanuel Solana who was taken off the Mara agent register on 7th June - something he and ASA have conveniently forgotten to mention to the clients they are still unbelievably dealing with. It would seem they registered a new company name on 13th June before their liquidation (Amalgamated Solutions Australia) and are carrying on trading with some clients - presumably the ones who still need to pay further monies - i cannot believe this is not against the law. Our client area has been closed also. I have emailed the liquidators to advise we were awaiting a refund from ASA and want to know our situation now. Hope this is of help to others. Will let you know how we get on! :-(

Hi Sylvmollie,

Seems like I'm in the same position as you. Could you share how to go about contacting the liquidators and asking for a refund? Certainly such action are unethical!

Thanks

Could you share how to go about contacting the liquidators and asking for a refund?

=> Unfortunately when a company goes into liquidation - particularly one that is an insolvent liquidation - you are looking at writing off your fees. Suggest you contact the liquidator and make your statement of claim.

I leave it to others to express an opinion on the ethics of what has occurred, recognising that there are usually at least two versions of situations such as this.

Best regards.

Hi Sylvmollie,

Seems like I'm in the same position as you. Could you share how to go about contacting the liquidators and asking for a refund? Certainly such action are unethical!

Thanks

Hi Chsting

Liquidators contact details are: Prabhleen Bharaj, Hall Chadwick, Level 29, St Martins Tower, 31 Market Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia. http://www.hallchadwick.com.au

email: pbharaj@hallchadwick.com.au

you need to advise them of your circumstances and they will email you Form 535 - formal proof of debt form. Unsecured creditors are way down the list of people to be repaid so unlikely we will get anything back. It's such an expensive and stressful process in the first place let alone with this happening and most people cannot afford to just pay all over again.

Good luck anyway.

See I am not the only person stressing about this situation. I just happened to stumble on this website, which was the first I heard of the company being liquidated. I am not surprised they went under, their level of "professional service" was atrocious.

My visa application was already submitted, and I have a TRN number, so it sounds like I must just fill in the 956a Form and have their agents name removed and make me the main contact?

• 2 weeks later...
Who is (or was) the registered migration agent taking responsibility for client files?

For reference Amalgamated Solutions Australia Pty Ltd was incorporated on 13/02/2013, as per the ASIC records.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Just seen your'e question here now. The agents In force when I was communication with them were Emmanuel Solana,MARA reg now lapsed it seems and also Humberto Jose Hernache Sanchez, or Humberto Hernache on their site.He is still MARA registered and is now Director of the new company name running the site and doing the buisness but not refunding anyone!Oh they just changed the front pace now but when you log in it is all Identical.

Regards,

Ger.

Hello guys,

Just like you I appointed ASA as our migration agent in 2009 with me as the primary applicant, it was only later that they suggested that my wife be the primary applicant and our papers didn't move ever since. My account also got locked by ASA today and I ma looking for other options like you how to get my money back.

Regards,

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys already paid ASA and filing complaint to MARA. I read a while ago someone had exactly the same case as me. I made a choice to go with ASA as I read on a website that Cornell B. owned the company and was MARA registered. Not sure who posted the thread about him. Please can you get in touch.

Hi

Im in the same boat as everybody els. Has anyone got any new news on the situation? Amalgamated solutions has told me that they will take over my profile, but I will have to pay my TRA fees again. The problem is they have been vary transparent with the info they have given me and have not been very helpful. After telling them I need some time to make a decision on wether to procceed with them they have threatend to close my account which means I will lose my profile. Which cost me alot of time and money to put together. So basicly I dont trust them. It all feels a little suspect. Has anybody offered there services and has anyone decided to use them. Or should I just cut my loses and move on. What fustrates me tho is this is our lives and futures we are dealing with and I would of thought a little more understanding would be aplicable.

Hi

Im in the same boat as everybody els. Has anyone got any new news on the situation? Amalgamated solutions has told me that they will take over my profile, but I will have to pay my TRA fees again. The problem is they have been vary transparent with the info they have given me and have not been very helpful. After telling them I need some time to make a decision on wether to procceed with them they have threatend to close my account which means I will lose my profile. Which cost me alot of time and money to put together. So basicly I dont trust them. It all feels a little suspect. Has anybody offered there services and has anyone decided to use them. Or should I just cut my loses and move on. What fustrates me tho is this is our lives and futures we are dealing with and I would of thought a little more understanding would be aplicable.

Why on earth would you even consider giving more money to this company or its reincarnation. Cut your losses and run.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems that you are having. I too am using ASA or now (Almagamated solutions australia) and we are still in contact on a regular basis. My visa has been lodged and all supporting docs uploaded too. So, even though i paid all my money to them they still have been communicating with me and uploading docs etc for my visa application.

I'm just fortunate that I am not experiencing these issues...

Archived