Extend Initial Entry by Redoing Police Check?

CollegeGirl

It's my understanding that the initial entry date is generally based on the date your police checks or medicals expire, whichever comes first. I did my police checks way too early, thinking they'd take longer than they did. If processing times for the PMV in the US and for referred medicals hold true, I could be looking at October for my grant (if I'm lucky -- fingers crossed!) My police checks expire in November. Would that mean they'd only give me a month to move? I realize I could fly in and validate my visa, then fly back out and complete my move, but that's an expensive option (and a difficult one for someone with health issues).

If it's possible my initial entry date would only be a month after my visa grant, would it be possible for me to redo my police checks *now* and resubmit them so my initial entry date could be later? (I don't think they let you do it that way, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask!)

Thanks!

Collegegirl, You can do your Police Checks again if you think you will get it pretty soon, before a CO is allotted to you. Doesnt matter if you get it after a CO assigned too however you would have to give the CO the reason for submitting a second PCC cuz of validity reasons.

Also, wouldnt it be safe for you to get another PCC anyway ,... cuz what if assigning of a CO gets delayed from the expected date.... Cuz if this happens, then they will request you to get a new valid PCC and provide it to them. So wouldnt it be better to work on it now itself..!? Just my thought. You would know whats the better thing to do.

Collegegirl, You can do your Police Checks again if you think you will get it pretty soon, before a CO is allotted to you. Doesnt matter if you get it after a CO assigned too however you would have to give the CO the reason for submitting a second PCC cuz of validity reasons.

Also, wouldnt it be safe for you to get another PCC anyway ,... cuz what if assigning of a CO gets delayed from the expected date.... Cuz if this happens, then they will request you to get a new valid PCC and provide it to them. So wouldnt it be better to work on it now itself..!? Just my thought. You would know whats the better thing to do.

Thanks Ranjith. :) Actually, in the US we're assigned a CO as soon as we apply. So I already have one. Doing it now seems a little too far in advance given it won't expire until November... :) I was just trying to find out if it's possible to extend the initial entry date this way. :) I can always e-mail the embassy... I just thought someone here might know. :)

We got our visa granted with only 2 months to validate and the case officer gave me the option to have new police checks and extend my entry by 6 months.... We did and validated 5 months later.... Can I just say our second case officer was fantastic and very helpful which made the process a lot easier....

We got our visa granted with only 2 months to validate and the case officer gave me the option to have new police checks and extend my entry by 6 months.... We did and validated 5 months later.... Can I just say our second case officer was fantastic and very helpful which made the process a lot easier....

That's great, cki! Hoping ours will give us the same option. Though I'm super-anxious to get down there... I miss my fiance like crazy.... there's just only so much you can do/plan in advance when you don't know when (or if... can't take that for granted!) your visa will be approved. And a month doesn't seem like enough time to get everything together.

Archived