So it's looking very likely I'll be moving in December

Danners

As suggested by northshorepom I'm posting this here for ideas on which suburbs to focus my attention on.

I'd say budget initially around $700-900 a week, ideally 4 but 3 bed would be ok, within an hour commute of the CBD.

Beach not important, nightlife not important. Quiet - with somewhere nice to run! I have a three year old and a one year old, so family friendly is essential. Somewhere with a nice community feel.

Only a couple weeks now before I head out for a little fact finding trip when we will be spending a day driving around and scoping things out.

I realise it's hard to say before getting our feet on the ground, but any suggestions appreciated.

I admit I am I'm biased but think that you have to look at the Hills District. Not the new suburbs but the established ones. ie Castle Hill, Baulkham Hills, Kellyville - the older area, Winston Hills and possibly North Rocks and parts of Northmead.

Hello,LKC, hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread. Can you tell me what you like about the area you live and what the schools are like.

We are moving to NSW in Sep, Daughter 13, son's 9 and the other nearly 6, OH is a carpenter.

Thanks in advance,

Treena

If you want quiet and somewhere green to run the upper north shore is the place. We're in Turramurra and it's very green and bush-y. You could probably say the sam for much of the upper north shore. Nice family feel and people are surprisingly friendly for Sydney. Not much to do round here in terms of drinking, dining or entertainment, but plenty of parks and beautiful views. We used to be in the inner west, which is just the opposite - more hipsters and cafes than trees. You could probably try anywhere on the northern beaches as well - why not make the most of one of Sydney's main advantages over other Australian cities?

Archived