NEW MEMBER..WOULD LOVE INFO

Guest donovan

Guest donovan

HI EVERYONE, I HAVE JUST JOINED THE SITE AND FEEL LIKE I KNOW EVERYONE ALREADY, HOW LOVELY IT IS TO SEE PEOPLE GOING THROUGH THE STAGES OF MOVING TO OZ. WE ARE A FAMILY OF 5 ME & MY HUSBAND DON AND OUR 3 BOYS AGE 10, 8, AND 2 YEARS, WE HAVE JUST PASSED THE TRA AND ARE JUST PUTTING THE SECOND STAGE THROUGH, ANY IDEA'S ON HOW LONG THE SECOND STAGE TAKES? AND MEDICALS WHAT IS IT THEY DO? WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

SARAH

Guest bshootz

Hi sarah, my name is Becky and we have only just started gathering info, certificates etc, my hubby and two boys,Jordan,8 and Luke ,5, are hoping to move to Perth next year,hope everything goes really well for you and your family, where abouts are you thinking of migrating to ? All the best. Becky.x :P

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sarah and welcome

This the friendliest forum I've come across, with no petty spite or bicketing - just a bunch of nice people all being kind to each other,giving advice where people have personal experience of a particular problem, commonsense when they don't, and encouragement & moral support - by the truckload - to anyone who finds the whole thing getting on top of them temporarily.

I'm not involved with the skilled visas myself. Which specific one have you applied for? What trade skills are you relying on? Have you decided where you want to move to in Oz?

The timelines vary according to which specific type of visa it is, so if you can tell us that, people will come forward who can provide reliable indications of the likely time-scale for yours.

Some of the criteria (eg health & character) are common to all visa-types right across the board, so everyone who is reasonably far along in the process has first-hand experience of those. The meds aren't at all scary - they just seem daunting until they are out of the way.

If you get stuck on anything, the search-tool on this website is good. Virtually every question that crops up has been asked and answered many times before, so you can learn a lot from reading old threads about bits & pieces. We all get foxed here and there - you will NOT be alone!!

So if you get stuck with anything, ask around too.

Best of luck with it all - I'm sure you'll be fine.

Cheers

Gill

Guest donovan

HI ALL

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLY'S WE ARE APPLYING FOR /SUB CLASS 136 INDEPENDENT VISA .

HI BECKY THANKS FOR YOUR MESSAGE, WE ARE HOPING TO MOVE TO BIRSBANE, WE WERE OUT THERE AT CHRISTMAS AND LOVED IT. WE ARE GOING OUT ON THE 14TH AUG TO BE FILMED BY THE BBC FOR A NEW DOC CALLED (WANTED DOWN UNDER) SO I CAINT WAIT FOR THAT. WE HAVE PASSED THE FIRST STAGE (TRA) AND ARE PUTTING STAGE 2 IN NEXT WEEK, OIUR MIGRATION AGENT RECKONS THAT COULD TAKE UPTO 6 MONTHS, BUT WE SHALL SEE.

SPEAK SOON

SARAH

Guest bshootz

:lol: We have decided against an agent, have got a really good nursing agency and this brill forum to help if we have any problems, lets hope it goes without tooo many hitchs.love and best wishes,Beckyx

• 1 month later...
Guest donovan

hi cal

just got back from filming in brisbane had a great time, first week was great 25+ second week was filming week and it tipped down all week which i suppose wasn't a bad thing because they need the rain.

Went to the Outback which was not there at Christmas when we were out.

How are you getting on with your application?

Sarah

hiya ,so glad you had a good time ,we have the visa ,and are hopefully going November ,shippers coming next week and getting married on 7th Oct ,also ,got the house sale going through so absolutely mowed under with paperwork ,was it what you expected ,did you work or get job offers ,we found that the best as Gary got 3 job offers saves us abit of work when we arrive

Cal x

Archived