Anmac assessment completed, eoi next - please help

Edzi

Hi all.

My anmac skills assessment has just been completed and they say it is in post today and will take a few weeks. My next stage is EOI. I am a community staff nurse. I left my last job as a surgical nurse in september last year after 19 months and did not tell anmac i am now a community staff nurse as from september last year because i did not want my boss to know for a reference etc. Anyway my anmac skills will be for a surgical nurse but the anzco code for a community nurse when applying for visa 189 will be different. My questions are:-

1 - Will it be ok with a different anzsco code too what skills say because it is the same unit group code 2544 etc?

2 - I wanted to have all this back by 1st July for lesser fees but next round eoi wont be until that day, do they send emails out a day early by any chance (here's hoping).

3 - I am not using an agent - so just wondered this EOI is it straightforward, is there anything I need to watch out for because I read on forums that there are some misleading questions?

4 - Can I start my eoi now and then save it for when my assessment letter comes I can just submit it.

If anyone could help, I would be most grateful.

You should put the unit code from your skills assessment . Only when assessing work experience will there be an issue that uyou have changed job, but doesn't sound like you will be claiming work experience if dont have 3 years.

Invitations will not be sent until 1 July so you will be subject to the new fees. E lodgement goes down from 28june till 1 July so can't apply until then.

Eoi is straight forward but read every question if you are not claiming points for work experience it should be relatively simple. The question people were getting slipped up on was Australian study requirement, only if had studied in Australia. But I'm sure they put more information on EOI to stop people being confused with this question.

Hi Edzi

You can start your EOI anytime and it will give you a reference number straightaway. I found it very straightforward. You can go through all the questions and save it at the end. You can update your information as and when it changes. We started ours back in December and have just kept updating it with info (like IELTS, etc) but we are still waiting for ANMAC. Just don't press submit! :-)

Can I ask you the date when you applied to ANMAC please?

Hi, as you have stated, don't press submit, if you have submitted, do you have to start all over again if the time runs out. Is that possible? I see you have registration before AMNAC, I am doing AMNAC now before APHRA, my application was 08/04/2013 and not heard yet but I make it 10 weeks so far. Paul

Hi Edzi

You can start your EOI anytime and it will give you a reference number straightaway. I found it very straightforward. You can go through all the questions and save it at the end. You can update your information as and when it changes. We started ours back in December and have just kept updating it with info (like IELTS, etc) but we are still waiting for ANMAC. Just don't press submit! :-)

Can I ask you the date when you applied to ANMAC please?

Thank you for that, I have just set up an eoi but not pressed submit. I applied for Anmac on 21/03/2013. I feel much better now as I have completed eoi, I have put my nominated occupation as a surgical nurse and then my employment history it just asked me whether my employment history were related to my nominated occupation so i just put yes as the box that pops up says that it can be in the same unit group. I just have another query about my eoi please. It asked about my what family members were coming in total. I put 5 because there are 5 of us in total, or were they wanting me to put 4 because I am classed as the client and should not be included in that section?

Archived