186 Direct Entry skills assessment query!

karen79

Hi all,i'm desperately seeking some advice,really about to ring mimi but thought i'd try here first. My hubby had his priori learning (18yrs solid plasterer) recognised two years ago by Queensland Master builders (an approved RTO) and received an AQF3 for his trade. We are on a 457 18months now and really want to go Directory entry 186 but it states you must have a positive skills assessment. The TRA website and their streams are as clear as mud. Would the Queensland master builders RTO who certified him be classed as a skills assessment or must he complete a TRA set of hurdles too?Thanks in advance everyone!

He would need to complete skills assessment with TRA. If he has been working for the same employer for last 18 months or more from your timeline, may be worth waiting until you have the 2 years to go throught the transitional stream by the time you get skills assessment back you might just be applying 1-2 months earlier.

Thankyou for the helpful reply, yes , we were considering waiting until the two year anniversary which would be October. Otherwise though do you have any idea of TRA current processing timescales? I looked online but to no avail, as this would determine if we were best to wait.

Archived