Interview process in Australia?

Hi guys,

I have some doubts and queries regarding interview process in Australia.

How are the interviews taken? How do they select candidates? How many rounds do they conduct (like in India, Technical, Manager and finally HR round).

What do they see in a candidate? If the experience is not matching 100% to the job category, do they select us if we are willing to work with passion and able to learn quickly and contribute to the company?

Please update! It will be a lot of help!

There is no such things as the "interview process in Australia".

It is not governed or controlled centrally, there is no set format that recruiters need to adhere to.

This is an unanswerable question, just go with the flow, as you would in your own country.

There is no such things as the "interview process in Australia".

It is not governed or controlled centrally, there is no set format that recruiters need to adhere to.

This is an unanswerable question, just go with the flow, as you would in your own country.

Suppose if I apply for position which I have only 50% of skills related to that job and willing to work, do they still call me for the job?

Suppose if I apply for position which I have only 50% of skills related to that job and willing to work, do they still call me for the job?

Again, there is not one uniform approach to recruiting in Australia. Some will, some won't. Do you seriously think that every single person in Australia who is recruiting acts and thinks the same? Your question is illogical.

You'll notice that most job adverts have a 'Minimum Requirements' and 'Desirable'. Honestly Vijay, most companies get a bit annoyed when they attempt to recruit for a position and they get applications from people who don't meet the minimum requirements. You can either look for a position that meets your skills, or perhaps go in for a position with a little less responsibility and hope that 'they will see the potential in you and promote you up.

Interviews vary from large corporations with pyschometric testing and formal interview panels at the heavy end of the scale to a introductory phone call and quick meeting over a coffee to see whether you are the kind of person who will fit in at the other end of the scale and anything in between...

Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback. Appreciate it. I will work out on getting right job.

It's also worth remembering that when you first posted your thread it was the middle of the night in Australia, and when you bumped it was middle of the day on a weekend.... two of the times it is most quiet on the forum from the Australian side...

Oops. My bad. Didn't notice that