Bundaberg - Thabeban

charlene

Okay - more advice needed

Does anyone have any info on the suburb of Thabeban in Bundaberg??

We have looked at all the flood areas that were affected and it was mainly North and East Bundaberg - Thabeban wasn't affected (South Bundaberg).

Does anyone know much about the area and primary schools/high schools?

Thanks

Hi charlene

we are moving to bundaberg in September.

we are not sure what area to rent in either yet.

we think the children will go to kepnock high school though.

When are u moving out and do u have jobs to go too.x

hows it going? If you need any numbers et just pm or email me x x

hope your all ok ....

actually I might have a couple of bits that might be of use to you .... Garden table & 6 chairs bought April last year .... Let me know if your interested

Hi charlene

we are moving to bundaberg in September.

we are not sure what area to rent in either yet.

we think the children will go to kepnock high school though.

When are u moving out and do u have jobs to go too.x

Hey Kitty Kat

We will hopefully be moved by mid July to beginning of August. I have been offered a job and we are moving there on a regional sponsorship visa. We are liking the Thabeban area at the mo - we have spoken to estate agents and Thabeban didn't get any damage from the flood - I think Thabeban Primary School got a little storm damage but nothing like the North or East of Bundaberg. This is why we are thinking that Thabeban is going to be a better area. Bagara is looking beautiful but they get a lot of tornados going through there.

Let us know when you move out - would be good to make friends...

Hi chCharlene's have only just seen your message , hence late reply.

we are just trying to get organised. Yes would be great to make friends.

I will send you a private message of my email etc.that may be easier to keep in touch .

Kitty kat

hi, i use to live in bundy and would reccommened Branyan, A lot of bundy is old, not in a good way ie. beautiful old queenslanders, more like old houses. Bundy is very windy, as it is one of the flattest places in queensland, like a tack. I love driving over the bridge from north side to southside everday, but bundy was moved to South of the river in 1940, as we all see why now. Because it's windy i would stay away from bargara, or any outlining suburbs, thabeaban included, in fact i would not reccommened at at all, IMO. Because bundy is so flat it does not have much personality to drive around, but it has a country vibe, it's big enough to be invisable if you wish, and the beach is just 10 minutes drive away for sat/sunday swims, this makes the place, but does not have enough surf (a bit though)to attract surfers, which also makes the place. The shopping is the best for about 300km in any direction, and it services 130,000 so it has everything IMO, it aint no gold coast though. I would buy in/around branyan. Bargara is quite as it gets, i'm saving it till i'm old and want peace and quite, anywhere north or south of Bargara feels like your living in the middle of nowhere. Not sure about the schools. Hope this helps. Bye

Thanks for your advice Traveller76. Will look into Branyan. We are going to be renting a house so if we do move and rent somewhere for a bit and find we don't like the area then we will look at another area and move again. Reason for choosing Thabeban is that it didn't get affected by floods. Not sure about Branyan - do you know if the area was affected in any way? Isn't Branyan closer to the river?

We have never been to Bundaberg so as much info anybody has would be much appreciated and if anybody knows anything at all about schools in the area - that would be really helpful to me (primary and secondary).

Bundy is ok, and i'm planning on returning there myself soon i know it can feel a bit dull sometimes is all, so branyan is about the only place in town that has 1/2 and 1 acre blocks with heaps of trees, and that part of town is where all the new houses are (avoca but it did flood) - i think branyan just had minor road flooding, in the biggest flood in history - i just dont like thabeban that much is all (left of the horse race cource is good, right is not IMO, if you could find a nice big queenslander house between there and the city it would be good, the best street in bundy is behind sizzler, big nice trees{like a movie sceen} but it only has about 20 houses), bundy gets hammered by the wind and bundy district is windy (it also keeps bundy cool, so it's not too bad) - Bundy is just that type of place where you need to make your own fun - it's not in the position of being too busy till it gets 100,000 and that's 100 years away. The private schools have a good name, and i would assume branyan/avoca would have the best schools as that is where the richer people live. Queensland is a tough place to find a town that has character and is close to the beach, so bundy is about as close as it gets to good.

Good luck

I love Bundy...we go there (Begara) camping. Lots of shops, nice places to eat, great beaches, friendly. We live 2/half hours drive north from here unfortunately. We would love to move there but not much in the way of work so....

Good luck with your move :wubclub:

• 1 month later...

Just an update on our move to bundaberg. We have been here for just over 2 weeks now and I am loving the lifestyle here and the amazing friendliness of the people. We rented in Thabeban in the end and have a gorgeous house that is everything we could have hoped for and more - we rented it unseen - we just viewed photos on realestate.com and the agent secured the house for us within 1 and a half days. It's just great. Yes it is remote out here but once you get to the shops which is not far away it has everything you need. I start work on Saturday and my eldest has already started school at Thabeban State School and it's just so friendly - the kids are so well mannered and very friendly and my son has made lots of friends. We have to stay put for about 3 years but if we end up really loving it here then we will stay in Bundaberg. I have to say after moving up from the Gold Coast this is REAL Australia and I have no complaints - I always knew I was a country girl at heart...

Archived