small money transfers from UK

Guest carpenter

Guest carpenter

Hi Guys,

I'm sure someones got some bright ideas about this:

My mother wants to send over a small amount of money as birthday presents. Last time she sent a cheque from her UK bank. When my wife took it to the bank they wanted 40 days to clear it and it would incur $30 bank charges.

Any body got any bright ideas how we can get round all this palava.

Hi

Billys right the easiest way is to do a straight forward international transfer into your bank account in Oz. I think HSBC charge £9.00 for it and the Alliance-Leicester charge £16.The other well known banks will probably be about the same.

Mandy x

Guest FamFive

Hi yes billy is certainly right, i only last week transferred a small amount into a australian bank account - HIFIX rate was far too high. So i called my bank and they did it all

It was for $880 = £430

Bank charges at this end = £16 and £9 at the other end (you can cover the other end charges or they can - this is your choice).

And it only took 3 days to clear at the other end

Ellie

:wubclub:

Hi Guys,

I'm sure someones got some bright ideas about this:

My mother wants to send over a small amount of money as birthday presents. Last time she sent a cheque from her UK bank. When my wife took it to the bank they wanted 40 days to clear it and it would incur $30 bank charges.

Any body got any bright ideas how we can get round all this palava.

Been having this problem myself for a while now, but i think im gonna use Paypal from now on as its so easy to transfer monies from some in the uk to oz or the other way around - and you can also transfer monies from you paypal a/c to a nominated bank a/c

gizmo

Archived