Telecom network engineer, degree in comp science

akashif

My 5 yrs exp fall under the 263312 -Telecom Network Engineer but I have a undergradute degree in Computer Science. As per DIAC new list the assessment authority for this code is Engineers Australia. Am I eligible to appy under this category?

Hi,

I'm in a similar kind of a situation like you were. Just want to know did you apply for your assessment? With ACS or EA?

Welcome to poms in oz.

I have moved your question to a post of it's own, as the person you are asking hasn't actually visited the site in three years.

It may help people to give you specific advice if you could give us some more background in your situation.

Good luck. :-)

Welcome to poms in oz.

I have moved your question to a post of it's own, as the person you are asking hasn't actually visited the site in three years.

It may help people to give you specific advice if you could give us some more background in your situation.

Good luck. :-)

Engineers Australia are fairly reasonable and place weight on ability.

Hi,

Thanks for moving my question to a post of its own. Just to add a bit more to my situation, I have 6 years of experience working as a telecom engineer. My bachelors degree was in Computer Sciences (4 Years) from a University in Pakistan. Then I have done a masters degree; MSc Telecommunications (1 Year) from London, UK.

The confusion that I have is that after looking at the SOL I currently fall under the below categories for which the assessing authority is Engineers Australia (EA). But my 4 years degree is not technically an engineering degree. So to get my assessment done, should I proceed for EA or ACS (Australian Computer Society)?

[TABLE=width: 604]

[TR]

[TD]Telecommunications Engineer 263311 Engineers Australia[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Telecommunications Network Engineer 263312 Engineers Australia[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Telecommunications Field Engineer 313212 Engineers Australia[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• 3 months later...

Dear Kashif

I am an Electrical Engineer by Education but have 5 years experience in telecom.

I had lodged CDRs with EA on 18th June 2013 and got result on 17th September 2013 as Telecommunications Engineer 263311.

However all states have stopped sponsorship for 263311 since this July.

I have lodged an EOI for 189 on 19th September with 65 Marks.

Any suggestions????

Regards

IRFAN KHAN

Archived