Health visitor jobs

nickyjkas

Please can someone tell me if there are any equivalent roles, I have heard that in Victoria and south you have to be both midwife and nurse trained, I really would love to keep this role but haven't heard much about it

Nicky

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hi nicky, i remember about a year ago i was applying to health visiting course and was looking to see if there is an equivelent post in oz. there is a version of a health visitor over there, cant remember what it is called sorry. im pretty sure you dont need to be a nurse and midwife, i would assume your health visitor qualification was enough. maybe you could enquire at some of the children's hospitals around oz and ask them if they had any ideas where you could look for jobs or if they have health visitors based in the hospital who then obviously travel out in the community. you could also apply with some agencies. i reckon health visiting would only be recognised in the big cities. im not sure if this is an option for you but you could apply for general nursing roles in hospitals in oz and while you are already over there you may be able to do a bit of research into health visiting and look for jobs over there. good luck. jess x

Hi

I think the community health nurse JD is quite similar- surveillance, parenting etc...

carol

Please can someone tell me if there are any equivalent roles, I have heard that in Victoria and south you have to be both midwife and nurse trained, I really would love to keep this role but haven't heard much about it

Nicky

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think HV are called child and maternal health nurses? I may be wrong. In Victoria you will have to undertake an additional course to qualify and most jobs advertised require you to have both nursing and midwifery qualifications. This may not be the case in other parts of Australia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived