Shipping golf clubs on the plane

Hi all just looking for a little advice on the above, my son will want to take his clubs and will not want to wait for the 3-4 month delay until the ship rols in. He currently play 2-3 times a week of a handicap of 5 so a very keen player, was just looking for advice on how to pack the clubs extra insurance etc. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Peter ,it maybe just the same as we take are clubs to European countries ?maybe you could check-in with them? they would have to be spottless though , phone the airline too. My Dad has played many course in Lancs too , has been a member at Didsbury for over almost 60 yrs ...Good luck to you guys ,where are you heading to?

Guest GeorgeD

I took mine Glasgow - Brisbane via Emirates. Emirates allow a full set of clubs and a bag for FREE in addition to your normal baggage allowance (30Kg in Economy) I had a hood on my bag and taped it up so it would stay on. You drop off at oversize baggage and don't see it again until oversize baggage pick up at Brisbane. I just had my clubs in the bag...nothing special about the packing.

Make sure everything is clean. Scrub clubs balls and empty out the bag thoroughly. They will want to have a look at them, but this isn't anything to worry about if they are clean. They also asked to see my golf shoes, and I told them I didn't bring any as I was going to buy a new pair in Oz. They were satisfied, looked at one random club and saw it was spotless and let me go on my merry way.

I didn't have any extra insurance...just holiday/travel insurance.

i had to pay to have my golf shoes cleaned by customs ! otherwise they would have burnt them , i had a few pairs and agreed to have a pair cleaned thinking it maybe my exspensive pair, turned out it cost more to clean them than what they were worth as they had picked on the cheaper ones! but better to be safe than sorry .......

Thanks for the info guys

Hi Tonyman the missus and her family run Rossendale golf club hence our son being such a keen player, we are coming over to Perth and settling around the port kennedy area.

Hi wolveaussie he cant wait just needs to hook him self up with a fiew friend to go out with, is the sport as friendly as it is in the UK its done him the world of good over here he has just made up 16 and im really happy with his attitude and how he speakes and looks up to his elders.

Hi GeorgeD lookily ive booked our flights through Emirates so should be ok. and should save a fortune i totaly forgot about this until he mentioned it to me over the weekend.

Guest GeorgeD
how long ago was that George I was looking at taking a bike and emirates seemed to have worst policy it all came out of your allowance

October 2010 for me, but I looked a month or two ago and it is still the same on their UK website http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/plan_book/essential_information/baggages/extra_checked_baggage_allowances.aspx Look at the sports equipment allowance...one free set of clubs...

Thanks for the info guys

Hi Tonyman the missus and her family run Rossendale golf club hence our son being such a keen player, we are coming over to Perth and settling around the port kennedy area.

Hi wolveaussie he cant wait just needs to hook him self up with a fiew friend to go out with, is the sport as friendly as it is in the UK its done him the world of good over here he has just made up 16 and im really happy with his attitude and how he speakes and looks up to his elders.

Hi GeorgeD lookily ive booked our flights through Emirates so should be ok. and should save a fortune i totaly forgot about this until he mentioned it to me over the weekend.

Keep in touch Peter, do you play too?.........Some lovely courses in Perth , your lad will love it ............

Hi all just looking for a little advice on the above, my son will want to take his clubs and will not want to wait for the 3-4 month delay until the ship rols in. He currently play 2-3 times a week of a handicap of 5 so a very keen player, was just looking for advice on how to pack the clubs extra insurance etc. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Peter,

I am sorry I cannot answer your question re golf clubs, but have just seen your updated timeline. WhoooHooo Fantastic and Congratulations on your Grant Hon.

Best of Luck Lorraine x

Archived