Annoying police check requirements

Red Rose

I have lodged my 190 visa and have to do the police and medical checks at some point (CO has not been allocated yet).

However, for the police check I note you need to provide two forms of proof of your current address and someone who you have known for 2+ years who is on their occupation list has to endorse your application. You also have to pay by cheque!

Well, I have just two days ago moved to new temporary accommodation where bills are all inclusive. I have no way of verifying I live in this accommodation, unless I show them a lease agreement or something. Also, what happens if you cannot find anyone nearby who you have known for 2+ years to verify your application? Finally, its really annoying that you can only pay for this application by cheque. I mean, honestly, how many people still use cheques these days? Going to have to order a cheque book and wait for that to arrive now. Grrrrr....

We have just had our Police Certificates delivered and had similar questions when we applied, give the Police in Fareham a ring and explain the issues we found them very helpful. Also you can pay by postal order which although will cost slightly more will negate the wait for a cheque book. Ours took just over three weeks to arrive.

We have just had our Police Certificates delivered and had similar questions when we applied, give the Police in Fareham a ring and explain the issues we found them very helpful. Also you can pay by postal order which although will cost slightly more will negate the wait for a cheque book. Ours took just over three weeks to arrive.

Thanks Debbs :smile:

I don't currently have a car and yeah, I could ask my bank to start directing my statements to this new address, but not sure how lont it will take before I start receiving statements. I am only in this accommodation for another 5 months so I didn't want to start changing my billing address, but if there is no other way, then will have to I guess. Thanks for your advice.

Archived