Australian Accounting qualifications

Snape

Pretty much, I wouldnt worry to much about which profession you are part of as Im ACCA and when I applied for jobs they never asked, all long as you can show them your memebership details your fine. Its only when you want to apply for a skilled visa that they ask for your profession to be recognised by CPA. If you go on a 457 you dont need a skills assessment

Hi Jamie,

Im an ACMA. I have applied for 190 and got my skills assesed by CPA a couple of months ago. And I can obtain CPA membership easily since I have CIMA. Planning to make the big move beore the next year. What would you advice, would it be an advantage for me to get CPA when finding employment? Or Should i just go ahead with ACMA?

Pretty much, I wouldnt worry to much about which profession you are part of as Im ACCA and when I applied for jobs they never asked, all long as you can show them your memebership details your fine. Its only when you want to apply for a skilled visa that they ask for your profession to be recognised by CPA. If you go on a 457 you dont need a skills assessment

OP seemed to be asking if Australian CA and Australian CPA were considered to be the same, I would say definitely not. CA is the qualification you would see the real quality talent with.

The UK qualifications are all seen favourably.

As you can get the CPA designation very easily then no downside other than two lots of professional fees. Wouldn't bother otherwise.

Thanks for the reply Rupert.

Yes of course the two big professional fees. That's my main concern. As you feel whom would an employer prefer? A CPA guy with ACMA or just a ACMA guy? (just wanted to make sure that the additional professional fee I bear would get paid off)

Archived