Employer visa

Wenstu

We are looking at the 457 at the moment but we have a 6 year old so can't take the chance of the 4 years and then no permanent visa. We have a sponsor for the 457 already but are right on the age border for points. Does the employer nomination scheme not require the same point criteria as the 189/190 visa?

44 at the moment, so as of Feb we won't have any points for age, we have submitted our TRA, they're requesting more info which we will supply and take it from there but currently have a job offer in Perth on a 457, don't have enough points for a 189/190 tho, can go regional but need the positive assessment back.

44 at the moment, so as of Feb we won't have any points for age, we have submitted our TRA, they're requesting more info which we will supply and take it from there but currently have a job offer in Perth on a 457, don't have enough points for a 189/190 tho, can go regional but need the positive assessment back.

I think you should do everything you can do get the 189 /190 application in before you are 45. How far off are you, I can see another 10 points through IELTS available to you with a rest, then 5 for state sponsorship. If you go on a 457 visa this might turn out to only ever be a temporary thing for you.

I think you should do everything you can do get the 189 /190 application in before you are 45. How far off are you, I can see another 10 points through IELTS available to you with a rest, then 5 for state sponsorship. If you go on a 457 visa this might turn out to only ever be a temporary thing for you.

Hi Rupert, we've taken the IELTS and just missed the 8 Mark, we got an 8 overall so will only have 10 points for the visa. This takes us to 50 + 10 for regional to get the 60. We were originally looking at Adelaide so will get in on the 60 no bother. Just need the skills assessment to come back successful!. They are asking for info we have already supplied as well as additional.

Hi Rupert, we've taken the IELTS and just missed the 8 Mark, we got an 8 overall so will only have 10 points for the visa. This takes us to 50 + 10 for regional to get the 60. We were originally looking at Adelaide so will get in on the 60 no bother. Just need the skills assessment to come back successful!. They are asking for info we have already supplied as well as additional.

You are very close on the IELTS, I would also consider resitting it.

If I were you, I would think long term, let the job offer in Perth go and pursue the permanent visa, this is your last chance for skilled migration.

If you are working in Perth you would find it difficult to find another state willing to sponsor you and then once February comes you are completely dependent upon a employer wanting to support a permanent visa application and this does not always happen.

Archived