work as Security officer in Australia advise needed thanks

tinaisrar

Hi all, me and my OH are in the process of emigrating to Oz preferably NSW myself as a nurse. He is a security officer here in UK and wants to continue this there. Does anyone have advise on what he needs to do, pay, and anything he needs to obtain beforehand. Are there plenty of jobs in this profession over there.

Any info greatly appreciated

​Thanks Tina x

Hi, almost identical to us! I'm a nurse, OH is a security officer, we're heading for adelaide and been told his security qualifications mean nothing there :( contacted the government security department who advised he'd need to do a 1 week course at a cost of $1000 , they did say with his UK experience he should pass the course no problem and his experience will still count there he just needs their qualification.

Hi, almost identical to us! I'm a nurse, OH is a security officer, we're heading for adelaide and been told his security qualifications mean nothing there :( contacted the government security department who advised he'd need to do a 1 week course at a cost of $1000 , they did say with his UK experience he should pass the course no problem and his experience will still count there he just needs their qualification.

oooooo yes we are pretty much same situation :).......quick question if u don't mind, did you find out if you have to live there for 1 year first, before he can work in security?

im finding so much conflicting information, some say no some say yes :S

​It seems there's plenty of work in that area to which is promising, pretty much same here you know how it is lol.....of course there is some more advanced security there

when are you going out of interest, have you found doing all the nursing reg stuff straightforward?

​Be good to see how you get on take care x .

Archived