vetassess plumbing practical

dsgas

Hi all,

Any plumbers attending the vetassess practical at the college of north west london in the near future, or any other venue?

I have read a few posts on here about the various stages of the day and they are very informative, but if anyone has had a successful outcome recently and has any useful information about any changes to the process if any, then please feel free to spread the wealth.

Many thanks,

David

Guest scrumpy

I did mine in July last year, Im not sure how recent you want, however, I can assure you there is nothing to worry about (apart from paying for it!!!)

Go there at 8.30 of the tube and left at 11.45, simple too simples!

If you want a break down of the day, just ask, but I recon you got that info.

Only other tip is to understand how septic tanks work, and the components of a fire sprinkler system, something Ive never worked on, however I just blagged it and the examiner guides you to the correct answers.

Ask away if you want to know anything,

is there any questions on worksite drainage, storm and subsoil drainage,irrigation systems,trenching, onsite disposal systems?

I have heard the examiners are on side, although i do want to have an answer to anything they may ask even though we don't as plumbers deal with most of what i have mentioned above.

many thanks for your reply scrumpy, and yes the cost is a major factor of the worry!

Guest scrumpy

From when I done it and from others on here, the questions are all very straight forward, I had nothing on worksite drainage, storm and subsoil drainage,irrigation systems,trenching, onsite disposal systems.

Just the septic tanks and fire sprinklers/hoses (which everyone comments on who done it in North London) most UK domestic plumbers wont have covered.

The practical is too easy and unless you have just slept with the eaxminers wife or mum, he will get you threw the Q&A.

• 3 years later...

Hi people. Could you help me with my stage one vetesses! I unsderstand what is required for all the paperwork. But I'm really confused how to set it all out, 

it asks for a cover sheet and each document to be labelled with units of compentency? I've done it all on the computer so it's all in labelled folders under vetesses. Then seperate folders once into there named wage slips/ p60s / work photos / etc... is there not good enough? Does it need to be on one spreadsheet?? 

Any advice would be great! 

Hello, I'm jumping on here for advice if that's ok....? 

My husband is a plumber and we have saved enough for the vetasses test (approx £1400!!!) so we want to apply for that very soon. It would be brilliant if anybody who has completed this practical can give us some guidance on how the day will pan out- what will he be tested on etc (we are going to manchester based centre).

Also, just read yesterday that he needs to have done his First Aid training and produce a certificate. He's not looking forward to that particular training day hahaha! 

Thanks in advance. 

thanks Richard, the only bit that is confusing me is where i have read that all my paperwork needs a cover sheet, and then all other documents needs to be labelled with units on competency, is this all still needed? and for my work photo evidence is that to be done on Microsoft word, then just uploaded as a pdf?   

thanks!

josh.

14 hours ago, Josh bodz said:

Would any of you people happen to know which first aid course I need, St. John's do a 1 day course and a 3 day course. A 3 day course seems a bit extreme! And pricey! Has anyone done it yet? 

Regards josh. 

Hi Josh, we have just booked the three day first aid course with St Johns Ambulance- £354!!! It was the most appropriate one that matched the list given by the Vetassess company. We didn't expect that little cost and it's only plumbers that have to do it!! Ouch. 

Hi Vicky.. yeah I wasn't expecting having to pay out that much on a first aid course. I've rang St. John's. Although the 1 day course misses out a few things the woman told me on the certificate you receive it doesn't list all the things you learnt that day  

I can't get 3 days off work this year so debating wether to risk just doing then1 day course! Might be a waste of time though is they don't accept it. 3 days is way to extreme!!  

I'm sure Australia is just testing our commitment by throwing these hurdles in our way... Stu is complaining loudly about losing 3 day's work and paying for the privilege. I keep telling him it'll be the best money he ever spends....

Don't know what to suggest on the 3 or 1 day situation. Totally your call. 

Archived