Anyone live close to the Mtchell Freeway??

lara24

We fly out to Perth at the weekend so the dreaded rental search will begin next week. We keep seeing houses we like that either back on to or face the Mitchell Freeway. Our old house backed on to a dual carriageway in the North East of Scotland but I think it would have been a quieter road than the Freeway. Doing a house view on a Saturday afternoon is maybe not going to give us a clear idea of how much the road will impact our lives so wondered if any of you could give us your experience.......

For the suburbs we want we are going to have to compromise on something just trying to establish if closeness to that road should be an option. I will post this on PerthPoms too.

Thanks

L x

We fly out to Perth at the weekend so the dreaded rental search will begin next week. We keep seeing houses we like that either back on to or face the Mitchell Freeway. Our old house backed on to a dual carriageway in the North East of Scotland but I think it would have been a quieter road than the Freeway. Doing a house view on a Saturday afternoon is maybe not going to give us a clear idea of how much the road will impact our lives so wondered if any of you could give us your experience.......

For the suburbs we want we are going to have to compromise on something just trying to establish if closeness to that road should be an option. I will post this on PerthPoms too.

Thanks

L x

I live a stones throw from the freeway and to be honest it doesn't bother me. Where is the house?

I live in Connolly, I can honestly say the freeway doesn't bother me at all. I lived in Sorrento for 12 months when I first arrived 8 years ago and my kids go to school in Hillarys. Any specific questions, PM me.

Thanks northernbird, all a bit frantic here as packing today and flying tomorrow. I will certainly PM you next week once we have arrived - thank you, sounds like you know he areas we are looking at well.

It will probably be noisiest at the weekend because the cars will be going faster. It's the fumes as much as the noise that you need to worry about. Saying that, 500 meters or more away and you probably won't notice it as much.

It will probably be noisiest at the weekend because the cars will be going faster. It's the fumes as much as the noise that you need to worry about. Saying that, 500 meters or more away and you probably won't notice it as much.

Thanks, will bear that in mind - never thought of the fumes only the noise.

Archived