maintenance fitter

hi

i am maintenance fitter in the uk with over 20 years in the trade repairing production machines in the automotive industry. i have a skilled migrant visa 176 for australia. i would like to have a job to go when i arrive in perth western australia. is it hard to get a job when still in the uk. is there any recruitment firms in the uk that i can contact.

​thanks Gary

It is very hard to get a job while still in the UK and most firms will not even consider an applicant. No harm in trying, but dont build your hopes up. Have a look on seek.com.au

I would have a look at how you can move your skills away from automotive as the car building industry is on its knees here - lots of redundancies.

• 1 month later...
thanks would be looking at maintenance within the mining industry. my skills would fit into mining.

I'm from the car industry vauxhalls. Been here 5 months had a job to come out to working for a small firm making ploughing stuff. Don't like job and have applied for lots of jobs since being here with no joy. Think the recession is here now. Lots of new tickets needed here as most at home are not valid ie fork truck confined spaces ect. Get them and you will have a better chance. Read requirements on seek for fitters jobs and try and get them.

lots of jobs advertised but hard to get one.

Im a Car mechanic by trade been working on ground care and tractors an industrial machinery for the past 6 years. Started to apply for jobs in the uk and got loads of response from places that said "let me know when you are here an you can have the job".

Also got 3 job offers to pick a job from so its not impossible in my opinion.

Archived