EOI Citizenship Question - Submitting EOI Today ... Please Help

Red Hand

Hi all,

I'm in the process of filling in my EOI to submit today, on the first page you fill in your personal details.

I live in Northern Ireland and can hold either an Irish or British passport. I got an Irish passport as it was a lot quicker to get when I needed it and have always just renewed my Irish passport.

I have never held a British passport, although because I live in Northern Ireland my driving licence, work, etc are all regarded as registered in the United Kingdom.

My country of passport is Ireland and then I have ticked the box that asks are you "a citizen of the country of passport".

The next question is "Is the client a citizen of any other country?", should I tick yes for this and select British citizen or select no???

Confusing I know but any help would be greatly appreciated as I am submitting my EOI today, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I'm in the process of filling in my EOI to submit today, on the first page you fill in your personal details.

I live in Northern Ireland and can hold either an Irish or British passport. I got an Irish passport as it was a lot quicker to get when I needed it and have always just renewed my Irish passport.

I have never held a British passport, although because I live in Northern Ireland my driving licence, work, etc are all regarded as registered in the United Kingdom.

My country of passport is Ireland and then I have ticked the box that asks are you "a citizen of the country of passport".

The next question is "Is the client a citizen of any other country?", should I tick yes for this and select British citizen or select no???

Confusing I know but any help would be greatly appreciated as I am submitting my EOI today, thank you.

Well it sounds to me like you are a British citizen, so I am not sure i understand the dilemma?

• 1 year later...

Hi Red Hand

I am completing my EOI and I am in the same situation as you were (Northern Ireland resident with Irish Passport) - just wondering how you completed your EOI? I have just received mu skills assessment this morning so I am completing my EOI for submission today

Thanks

Archived